House Not Being Lived In

I say live you're own life and stop worrying about others.:rolleyes:

fr8neck-:How do you know that he's getting housing benefits?:confused:

She's probably got a mate who works at the benefit office.

Or she's stalked him to see how much rent he hands over the counter;)

..... Maybe one day you will be sick of the benefit frauds too. If more people looked out for there neighbours perhaps so many wouldnt get robbed and bashed in as they do these days by hooligans that dont care. You will be glad of someone one day who is looking out to see if you are ok.

Well said dearsue. :thumbsup:

It isn't about neighbours being nosey. It's about being friendly, approachable and interested in your neighbours. It's about being concerned for both their welfare and your own. If someone suspects that illegal activities are taking place, e.g., operating a cannabis factory in a residential property, or using an address for a benefits frauds scam, then everyone has the right to voice their concerns to the appropiate authorities.

In another example, and one personally known to me, a little girl of 3 was regularly seen by the neighbours covered in facial bruises. One day, a neighbour could stand it no more, and rang social services to report her concerns. The little girl was immediately taken into care, and the mother arrested, prosecuted and convicted of child abuse to her own daughter.

Would wyseowl still claim that in situation such as this folk shouldn't be "Nebbing through peoples windows"?

No harm in making observations, it's when people jump to unwarranted conclusions that it's a problem.

In another example, and one personally known to me, a little girl of 3 was regularly seen by the neighbours covered in facial bruises. One day, a neighbour could stand it no more, and rang social services to report her concerns. The little girl was immediately taken into care, and the mother arrested, prosecuted and convicted of child abuse to her own daughter.

Wouldn't it have been awfull if the child had early stages (undiagnosed) leukaemia or heamophilia? ;)

get a life and leave others to theres you are toooooo bothered about others

He could have found himself a partner and be staying with her but not want to give up his property until he is sure the relationship is going somewhere and then move in with her!

Have you actually ever spoken to the man?

Why dont you wait till next time he is at the property and go over and speak to him, ask him why he dosen't stay there 24/7. If you then feel you have genuine reason to report him to the council go ahead but until you have given him the opportunity to offer an explanation I dont think you should be making allegations!

I don't understand why the council have to house people. Why should the state house your family? You made the choice to have them and then moan about the council not giving your kids a house? No one gave me a house I had to get an education then get a job and then buy a house with my own money.... can you believe that my OWN money... well this may be a lien concept to alot of people... but belive me it does work. I would be ashamed as a man to expect the state to fund my living. If I had my way anyone fit to work and not working would get nothing.

Hear hear!!!!! at last someone with a sense of morality. I had to BUY a house albeit with a mortgage. I didnt go to the council when my marriage broke down , cap in hand asking for a house. I work fulltime, as does my new partner, as does my son who lives with us. He intends to buy too, paid for by good honest hard work!!! Its your choice to have children - why then expect someone else to pay to house them????

If you cannot afford to provide for your family, dont expect others to do it for you.

Maybe this bloke has a job working away, you dont mention that you see him somewhere else at the times he is not living at his house.

Have a word with him the next time you see him about the noisey TV.

Wouldn't it have been awfull if the child had early stages (undiagnosed) leukaemia or heamophilia? ;)

Of course it would. Far better to let her be abused or even killed, rather than make such a mistake.

Hear hear!!!!! at last someone with a sense of morality. I had to BUY a house albeit with a mortgage. I didnt go to the council when my marriage broke down , cap in hand asking for a house. I work fulltime, as does my new partner, as does my son who lives with us. He intends to buy too, paid for by good honest hard work!!! Its your choice to have children - why then expect someone else to pay to house them????

If you cannot afford to provide for your family, dont expect others to do it for you.

You obviously were lucky, that in cloud-cuckoo land, there were houses for sale that were affordable, then weren't you? Some of us have to live in the real world.

No harm in making observations, it's when people jump to unwarranted conclusions that it's a problem.

I agree with you completely, I can't believe the amount of people prepared to pass judgement on the bloke.. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and yes sometimes interference from others can be justified when necessary. But you better be 100% sure of what your saying. I wonder if your neighbours a forum member as I'm sure if he is, he'll know who you are, he probably tries to stay away as much as possible to avoid his pain in the ass neighbours.:rolleyes:

You obviously were lucky, that in cloud-cuckoo land, there were houses for sale that were affordable, then weren't you? Some of us have to live in the real world.

No I dont live in cloud cuckoo land, Sheffield yes. I work damn hard as do my partner and my son. I dont rely on handouts, and have always had a job, whether it was cleaning or my present position which I again, have had to work hard to get.