Young mums, how's life being a mum?

Im not 100% sure about this but a friend of mine mentioned that u can go to Uni to study and u can apply for a grant to help with childcare costs etc, its something to look into. :thumbsup:

I think you may mean Care to Learn, its for young parents up to age 19, (I think), can get childcare paid, worth looking into.

I'm 23, I've got 2 boys aged 4 and 2. I was 18 when I had bails, turned 19 not long after :)

I'm 26 with 3 kids, i was 19 when I had my first. I went to college when she was 9 months old, using the college creche and stayed there for the next 5 years, I finally graduated in December, 2 weeks before having my third! The staff at sheffield college were absolutely fantastic, I couldnt have done it without them, or the college on site creche. I'd reccommend it to anyone! I'm really missing not being there now!

i suppose you could say i am a young mom but i never really looked at it that way b4, im 22 and due to have my first in jan but my partner is only 18 nearly 19 so its like i already have a child some times. The really hard thing 4 me at the mo is we r looking for some where to live we carnt afford private rent but carnt seem to get council arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Me and my partner are 23, we have 2 girls. Chloe who is 6 in August and Louise who is 5 in December

well last time i posted i was a young mum, but i'm now also expecting number 2!!

was a big shock when i found out but i'm happy now. i was 19 when i had emily and i'll be 22 when i have 'bump'. my OH is moving to work in birmingham soon so i'll also be on my own monday to friday! but i'm sure i'll be fine. i hope anyway x

well last time i posted i was a young mum, but i'm now also expecting number 2!!

was a big shock when i found out but i'm happy now. i was 19 when i had emily and i'll be 22 when i have 'bump'. my OH is moving to work in birmingham soon so i'll also be on my own monday to friday! but i'm sure i'll be fine. i hope anyway x

Awwww congratulations!

Im not 100% sure about this but a friend of mine mentioned that u can go to Uni to study and u can apply for a grant to help with childcare costs etc, its something to look into. :thumbsup:
yeah, its the same as the tax credits thing really i think.. 85% of childcare costs, depending on income etc.. but as i student i dont think your income is counted..

......i'm 19 and my daughter is 2.. i'm doing a fulltime degree and working 2 different jobs... oh and im single..... i've found the last year very difficult as it was my first year at uni, first year single, first time ive worked so much.. hopefully the next few months off will be enough to recover and do it for another year!

...anyone else find it difficult that their friends (being young or students or whatever) dont have babies too?

I think you may mean Care to Learn, its for young parents up to age 19, (I think), can get childcare paid, worth looking into.

.....you can apply for help when at uni through the student loans company that does all other student finance, like fees etc.... care to learn is for as you said, parents under 19.. i believe its also for a qualification lower than a degree.... but then ya wouldnt be doing a degree that far under 19 anyways i guess

Hi,

I'm 20 and I've got a little boy who's 2. We've just moved here (S6) from London, as I will be starting at Sheffield Uni in October.

xx

I had my dd when I was 17 and it was really hard. I was a single mum till she was 3 (she'll be 10 when this one comes) when we met my now husband. I've just found out I'm pregnant and I think this time is actually going to be harder even though I have someone to help.

Iwork full time in a high presure job and think that as well as enjoying the baby I'm going to miss the adult part of it.

Is this normal?