Sweetie shop at fulwood.

As a young lad I was wont to frequent fulwood shops forge dam and surrounding parkland,does anyone like me remember a little sweet shop?it was just as you drop down into fulwood coming from the nethergreen way just before the crimicar lane turn,it was on a corner and I think at one time was a vacuum cleaner/electrical shop,I remember it best as a sweet shop though in thse far off never ending summers of my youth,pointless nostalgia you cant beat it.:)

I think I know the one you mean. It was actually on a narrow road alongside a row af terraced houses. This narrow road was in fact, a short cut between the main road and Chorley Drive. I think. The shop was at the bottom end of this road, only a few yards from the main road. I lived in one of the houses built 1961 at top end of Slayleigh Avenue.

I think I know the one you mean. It was actually on a narrow road alongside a row af terraced houses. This narrow road was in fact, a short cut between the main road and Chorley Drive. I think. The shop was at the bottom end of this road, only a few yards from the main road. I lived in one of the houses built 1961 at top end of Slayleigh Avenue.

Yes you are spot on,I think the terraced houses were on"chorley road"used to knock about with a lad who lived in one he had a mass of dark curly hair but sadly his name escapes me(Phil??)perhaps.:)

Yes, my favourite sweet shop too as a kid. Get off the bus outside the hairdressers and walk back for a "penny mix" bag of goodies in a cone shaped baggie. My favourites where those soft and chewy sweets called shrimps. Plus I like black jacks and fruit salads. The shop is still there as I saw it when I went home at Christmas. Not sure what they sell now.

I drove past that shop this morning and it now appears to sell flowers. It looks as though the original building has been demolished and removed by a more modern structure.

Yes, my favourite sweet shop too as a kid. Get off the bus outside the hairdressers and walk back for a "penny mix" bag of goodies in a cone shaped baggie. My favourites where those soft and chewy sweets called shrimps. Plus I like black jacks and fruit salads. The shop is still there as I saw it when I went home at Christmas. Not sure what they sell now.

I used to frequent that sweet shop They sold cough candy and I adored it!