Sanctuary housing Shiregreen estate

firstly i want to give praise, as i know a few familys in houses/flats in the area that where to small yet sanctury have rehoused them in to houses more appropiate, where councial had refused.

as for repairs they are pants, thankfully we own ours but our neighbours both sides dont 1 has had about 12 hip tiles ripped of roof in a row during bad weather at xmas yet they havent repaired them if you look at the roofs round here there are many others like this, is it not cheaper to replace the slates now, rather than leave them until the wind does more damage, or the rain ect causes damage to the joists in the roof and having to replace the entire thing:loopy: also 1 has had one door boarded up for last 2 months(due to carers calling police when they couldnt get in) its still boarded up:loopy:

To all the people who own there houses, don't you think through sanctuary you are loosing value on your houses?

well, well wonders never cease, since my last post on this thread sanctuary have sent workmen to repair my neighbours roof and door, is there some one from sanctuary on here, trying to stop the complaints:suspect:

no snooze , cause sanctuary employees cant read :hihi:

sanctuary housing is a load of ****, i moved into my property may last year and after a month the boiler stopped working!! repair men came out 3 times said they had fixed it then it would stop workin the day after they had been! so they said i would have to have a new heating system, this was now the begining of september, i was due to have my baby at the end of sep, and it was turning cold by this time and i had young boy! i phoned sanctuary everyday 4 a month and they kept saying oh the managers not in we will get him to phone u back he never did so every day was the same. i had my baby and it was really really cold, they said oh u can have you heating done the first week in december, i was right ****** off, i ended up moving out to my mums 4 a month!! it finally got done and there was a major leak in the attic all water had come down both bedroom walls ruined all my wallpaper and carpets! just wat you need 2 weeks before xmas. so you know what i think of sanctuary!!

sanctuary housing is a load of ****, i moved into my property may last year and after a month the boiler stopped working!! repair men came out 3 times said they had fixed it then it would stop workin the day after they had been! so they said i would have to have a new heating system, this was now the begining of september, i was due to have my baby at the end of sep, and it was turning cold by this time and i had young boy! i phoned sanctuary everyday 4 a month and they kept saying oh the managers not in we will get him to phone u back he never did so every day was the same. i had my baby and it was really really cold, they said oh u can have you heating done the first week in december, i was right ****** off, i ended up moving out to my mums 4 a month!! it finally got done and there was a major leak in the attic all water had come down both bedroom walls ruined all my wallpaper and carpets! just wat you need 2 weeks before xmas. so you know what i think of sanctuary!!

they are bad news, i took my case to howells solicitors, they have done a couple of jobs by the date they were given, but not all of them. so they are getting a letter again of my solicitor, but she says it will be there last chance to complete my work.

except my drain which is blocked. its been blocked 2 months know, but the work card says they got to do it by 13th June, which to me its a health hazard, Sheffield homes will unblock a drain within 48 hours of it been reported.

They are a joke arent they!!

they just wrote to me about my blocked drain, it has to be done by 18 June, what a laugh, i thought that it was a health hazard and had to be done with in 24 hours, its been blocked 1 month know..

what a joke.

we reported our blocked drain about 2 months ago,within 2 days they had come out and fixed it,i would suggest you phone them back up, as you have been fobbed off.

Just had contractors around. Opened the door and they're there measuring us up for a new one! Had no idea they were coming.

I'm handed a form and instructed to pick a new door style and colour (bright red, white, bright blue...that's it!) THERE AND THEN. We were *busy* and they could see that and we were rushed into just picking anything.

I'm desperately unhappy with the style of door we picked, and I want to change it. I'm very ill, we were busy like I said, and we were so rushed! I'm waiting for them to ring me back. I just wanted longer to decide, since it's us who have to live with it.

I was against Sanctuary from the start.

Anyone from an area of Shiregreen that's already had their new door tell me if you're allowed to paint them (assuming you picked white)?

the local busybodies association(TARA) who reccomended Sanctuary

Back when there was the vote for the ALMO (as Firth Park etc have gone for), they shifted the goalposts after the vote! Pro-ALMO won the vote, but then the local busybodies (lol) said "Because more than 50% of the tenants didn't vote, the result isn't valid and we won't go to an ALMO". How convenient.

Just had contractors around. Opened the door and they're there measuring us up for a new one! Had no idea they were coming.

I'm handed a form and instructed to pick a new door style and colour (bright red, white, bright blue...that's it!) THERE AND THEN. We were *busy* and they could see that and we were rushed into just picking anything.

I'm desperately unhappy with the style of door we picked, and I want to change it. I'm very ill, we were busy like I said, and we were so rushed! I'm waiting for them to ring me back. I just wanted longer to decide, since it's us who have to live with it.

I was against Sanctuary from the start.

Anyone from an area of Shiregreen that's already had their new door tell me if you're allowed to paint them (assuming you picked white)?

Back when there was the vote for the ALMO (as Firth Park etc have gone for), they shifted the goalposts after the vote! Pro-ALMO won the vote, but then the local busybodies (lol) said "Because more than 50% of the tenants didn't vote, the result isn't valid and we won't go to an ALMO". How convenient.

try the office to see if they can help.

i think you can paint your own door.

a friend on the estate has had there door and windows done, they tell me its rubbish, there door doesn't fit and so on.

good luck.

they told me my windows could take up to 18 months to be done.

when we first got the time table for renovations my house was last on the list in 2010.

:( my road was last on the list aswell, and i bet when they come round to doing my house in 2010 they will have run out of money!!!:(

That's what's so weird and why it was so unexpected - we're not meant to be modernised until the end of next year! The other side of the road is either late this year or early next year, so at least we'll be able to ask what sort of trouble it was and be prepared!

I rang again and the person I spoke to changed the order - I shall be ringing back though to make sure it really did get changed.

Can't be painted because they're laminated, apparently.