Sanctuary housing Shiregreen estate

We didnt vote for them either cos the vote had already been cast, we originally took the house from SCC but we didnt get to vote, I wouldnt have voted for them, they are useless, we had a dodgy light switch and I must have rang em 3 times to arrange for someone to come out but they never came and we ended up getting someone in to fix it for us. All I keep seeing when Im walking the dog is windows and doors being put in but nothing else.

if you walk your dog round my area all you see is grills going upto doors were people leave there houses and not much activity otherwise, with the overgrown unkempt gardens the estate i do feel is falling quicker into decay which is a real shame.

Because Shiregreen used to be and could be a good estate again if managed correctly. because the next thing i can see is empty houses mean no rents paid no income means big rent rises for the surviving residents to offset Sanctuaries losses means more empty houses means....

i have reported a repair to them this is the first time i have had to deal with them other than to arrange direct debit for my rent, i rang the repair in on monday kier came out monday night as they thought it was an emergency

( which it is not ) then said he will get the day time staff to do it Tuesday . no one came yesterday and i rang them just now and of course they don't know anything about it ..............

a few letters to the stars letters page might get them off their backsides, firms like this dont like bad publicity,remember,they probably are looking at buying other estates with the cash they are saving by not doing your repairs

have you checked if there is an onbudsman for this sort of thing? then theres the enviromental health,moan at them and get them to kick ass down the housing office,your mp or councilor needs a push as well,form a group ,plan a campaign and force the issue,the jobsworths wont know what hit em

good luck...:thumbsup:

Empty house attached to mine was causing me to have a blocked drain and toilet. Went to report it to Sanctuary in person has it is their property, so blase about it couldn't care less, so came home and phoned enviro health, they came out same day looked at it got sanctuary out pretty sharpish. I agree they don,t like enviro health on their backs or bad publicity. I went to look at their showhouse on Concord rd very nice done to an high standard, in reality the houses are not being finished to this same standard. If you look at the houses sheffield homes have done up much better inside and out. Sanctuary are just one big con and they get away with it because people have waited for so long in this area to have their homes modernised and brought up to a decent standard.

i know people on shiregreen that are with sanctuary housing

1) a lot of repairs have got to be done by the people who are in the houses

2) no one i have talked to has got a rent book

3) if they havent go a rent book have they got a lease

4) they cant communicate to people about anything

dont you think not having a rent book is a bit worrying

is it no rent book no home:loopy:

I'm so sorry you're having all this trouble. It was a decisive vote by tenants to go with Sanctuary. Your local councillors will represent you on this matter, even though you are no longer Council tenants & I'm sure their postbags and emails are already full of complaints. Ironic really.

Get in touch with any of these & say that you need a meeting of tenants, representatives from Sanctuary & local councillors. It's what I do with Sheffield Homes in Gleadless Valley and it works. There's no reason why you should put up with poor workmanship, whoever your landlord is. Good luck.

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

I have posted on this topic before and anyone who as read my posts know my thoughts however am I right in thinking that the local busybodies association(TARA) who reccomended Sanctuary and all happen to live in the area that is the first to be modernised, have had a fallout over this. I am not sure if the Chairprerson resigned over this or due to ill health.

I'm so sorry you're having all this trouble. It was a decisive vote by tenants to go with Sanctuary. Your local councillors will represent you on this matter, even though you are no longer Council tenants & I'm sure their postbags and emails are already full of complaints. Ironic really.

Get in touch with any of these & say that you need a meeting of tenants, representatives from Sanctuary & local councillors. It's what I do with Sheffield Homes in Gleadless Valley and it works. There's no reason why you should put up with poor workmanship, whoever your landlord is. Good luck.

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

well well well,look ,heres some one who can give you advice as they have been thru it,get your act together and arrange a meeting,but let your councillors now,you just may not vote in their favour as they have just sat there and let this happen,you dont have to be council tennants to use your council,you pay their wages they work for you...

I was unfortunate enough to have a hot water pipe burst on saturday Kier came out in about 2 hours and turned off the hot water, it was down for emergency repair, i have been let down 3 days running now, yesterday i found out it is on a 7 day repair catagory so it could take them till next wednesday which will be a week and a half without hot water or heating... not happy :rant:

I can understand people thinking that sanctuary were wanted on the estate but i have not spoke to anyone who actually wanted them, i wonder how many of the votes counted were the non votes, i think its shocking that they should have been counted as yes votes, they should not have been counted at all.

Sanctuary have promised a lot but already their true colours are shining through, the same thing has happend all over the country as estates are sold off, repairs not done and rents sky high, i hope people see this as a lesson before voting on the selling of their estates :(

been to solicitors the other week and they have while Wednesday to do my repairs.

i won't hold my breath.

the blocked drain(been blocked 2 months)they have got till 13th June to do it. that's just a health hazard to me.