Sanctuary housing Shiregreen estate

My son is having a nightmare with the rents people at the housing on shiregreen, has anyone else had problems?

Got my windows fitted at long last, had a team that are not contracted to working on this estate and i must say they have made a brilliant job of them.

Due to the other work being done on my home, only had the scaffolders so far and they have cost me a new pair of tyres, as they left a bolt sticking out that gouged a hole out of one of them. FHM refuse to refund the cost:mad: just like the year before last when they were doing nxt door and i ended up with screws in the tyres and had to replace a pair then and also after their rendering team damaged a load of my plants and plant pots.

Are these firms not insured for any damage their work-force may do? Have had nothing but trouble with this firm and all because " i dared "to report them to the head of Sanctuary housing, not that it did much good, they all seem to pee in the same pot.

Will be glad when they have finished on mine, thank god i'm only having a couple of things done, feel heart sorry for those of you who are having the whole house done.

Got my windows fitted at long last, had a team that are not contracted to working on this estate and i must say they have made a brilliant job of them.

Due to the other work being done on my home, only had the scaffolders so far and they have cost me a new pair of tyres, as they left a bolt sticking out that gouged a hole out of one of them. FHM refuse to refund the cost:mad: just like the year before last when they were doing nxt door and i ended up with screws in the tyres and had to replace a pair then and also after their rendering team damaged a load of my plants and plant pots.

Are these firms not insured for any damage their work-force may do? Have had nothing but trouble with this firm and all because " i dared "to report them to the head of Sanctuary housing, not that it did much good, they all seem to pee in the same pot.

Will be glad when they have finished on mine, thank god i'm only having a couple of things done, feel heart sorry for those of you who are having the whole house done.

I agree totally with you about peeing in the same pot -IM an ex employee of sanctuary and a former tenant on shiregreen-my advice to you would be to bug their head office at worcester- the shiregreen managers jump through hoops when worcester get involved - hope this helps

Me and my boyfriend moved to a temporary house last year while they did our house up and we've had nothing but problems since. We had to move out because my boyfriend has asthma and the house they put us in was moldy. The back of our wardrobe was covered in mold when we moved it to go back home and there was a very big patch of mold in the living room.

We did complain about our ruined wardrobe but they didn't care. They don't care about anything or anybody but themselves.

When we moved back home we found loads of problems (A very long list), Some have been sorted but the work you have to put in to get them done is ridiculous. It took me a couple of months to get them to fix the back door. I couldn't even lock it!

Recently my boyfriend nearly got electrocuted because of the dodgy fuse box they put in.

Don't they check things before they move people in? They're just cowboy's.

I totally agree that they **** in the same bucket. That's spot on.

WHY CAN'T THEY JUST DO A PROPER JOB IN THE FIRST PLACE? :rant:

im sick of the noise from idiots on harley brook ave. grow up .

I too have had the same problem. I live on Oaks Fold Road and i've had to replace 3 tyres due to screw and nails on the road. I phoned FLM and they promiced someone would come out which as you can probably guess NO-ONE has been. I think sactuary are a waste of space they aren't bothered about other ppl who are living to live on the roads.

Is anyone else having problems getting SH to do repairs?

I have only managed to get one repair done in the past couple of years and that was because in was a faulty light-switch so therefore a fire hazard .

My back looks awful because of a broken gutter (which is actually on nxt doors house , which sticks out on my back) that pours when it rains and i now have about an inch of moss which when it is wet is lethal to walk on. Tried scraping it but it just comes back. Taken to covering it in cardboard now, which i have to keep replacing.

I have also noticed this past week that there is a wasps nest up there now, noticed this by getting stung a couple of times going to the bin.

Sanctuarys excuse for not doing a repair that was reported over two years ago. They are awaiting quotes. :suspect:

It really must be me.

im sick of the noise from idiots on harley brook ave. grow up .

Now a day away from Sept and these idiots are still at it.

Nobody wants to do anything about them and their "little angels" running riot on the street.

There has even now been a camera put up and this still has not deterred them.

If and when i get my hands on the numpty who thinks it's ok to let ruddy big bangers off at 11oclock at night i might show him another use for fireworks.

It's about time the "powers that be" sorted this once and for all.

It's ruddy disgusting that everyone else has to have their windows shut every summer due to these idiots. We all have a right to enjoy what wee bit of summer that we get.

Well I am not a tennent but my eldery neighbour is and her drain pipe has split and the water is running down my back wall causing damp. If I have to go down to the office again and see that smug bloke Im going to drag him to look at the damage.

Did you get your problem fixed? My nextdoor neighbour is at the moment having their house rennovated and has had new guttering. The joint where it is supposed to join on mine now leaks. She has reported it but it still leaks.

I would just like to say that sanctuary housing are completley useless!

I live on shiregreen and had to argue for a transer for 6 months!

I needed a transfer as I had a neighbour from hell, who sent us death threats!, got her sons gang of mates to intimidate us! complained about my new born baby crying! recorded us with no permission (ie a camera recording our property!)

We filled numerous stupid harrassment diarys and nothing got done as I got told I had no proof!, I was off work for 6 mnths with depression and my partner had a mental break down, tried to commit suicide and still NOTHING!

The only reason I got a transfer was that in the end the police put a foot up there backside!

Sanctuary have no back bone and will not get rid of the terrible neighbours!

We even had evidence of complaints against the neighbour from previous tennant but no!

Im transfering back to sheffield city council in 2 mnths time to another area just to get someone who will hopefully tackle it better should it ever happen again!

My house is rented through sanctuary and i've had nothing but problems with them either. The modernisation of my house looks nice but flaws showed easily. I only have to accidently nudge the cheap plaster oards for them to crack and whilst i'm laying in bed at night i hear loose plaster falling in between the walls. Makes me laugh really as if I owned my home and hired the contractors to do it i wouldnt pay them for the bodge job they've done, but because there just 'council' houses they think we will put up and shut up!

we have had the cowboys do our house when do the indians arrive :loopy: seen some tricks on building sites but these guys take the biscuit never seen trades men:loopy: and as for there Liaison officers there as much use as a chocolate fire guard