Sanctuary housing Shiregreen estate

you do talk bubbles, phylis.

the point of paying rent to your landlord is not so that a Mister Rachman can sit on pots of money whilst letting the property go to rack and ruin, and have the tenant end up in a wheelchair like my former landlord did to me, by virtue of Carbon Monoxide poisoning from a badly maintained gas fire, which left me with neurological damage.

The landlord and tenant act lays out the obligations on both sides, the tenant's obligations, and the Landlords, and part of the Landlord's obligations are that s/he is expected to keep the property maintained to a safe standard.

The tenant pays rent for the landlord to comply with those obligations.

I frankly don't give a monkeys about your bought council house, your three cars, and you wanting a boat, too. All I give a monkeys about, is that other landlords do not do to other tenants what my former landlord did to me.

I'm not an ungrateful sod, and I resent your sweeping dismissal of social housing tenants as ungrateful, when they are only requesting that their landlord comply with the Act, and give them the house in good repair that is their due under the Act.

And what about the landlords rights. These always seem to be shoved under the carpet. They have a right to have tenants that look after their properties and keep them in a presentable manner. This seems to be forgotten though. How many social/council houses do you see that look disgraceful .The majority of people think that these "rights" only work one way, unfortunatley they dont.

And what about the landlords rights. These always seem to be shoved under the carpet. They have a right to have tenants that look after their properties and keep them in a presentable manner. This seems to be forgotten though. How many social/council houses do you see that look disgraceful .The majority of people think that these "rights" only work one way, unfortunatley they dont.

Well, I can assure you, my swine of a former landlord didn't have the right to poison me (or anyone else)with Carbon Monoxide from a poorly-maintained fire, and leave me with neurologial damage, and requiring a wheelchair.

Where were MY rights when he refused to comply with the Landlord and Tenant Act, which obliged him to maintain and safety check the gas appliances, and provide us with a certificate to that effect, yearly?

The arrogant swine thought he was above the law.

Hell guess what?

He wasn't! And the environmental health slapped an order on him that he was not to let the dangerous property out to anyone else posing a danger to THEIR lives, until the defects had been put right.

Well, I can assure you, my swine of a former landlord didn't have the right to poison me (or anyone else)with Carbon Monoxide from a poorly-maintained fire, and leave me with neurologial damage, and requiring a wheelchair.

Where were MY rights when he refused to comply with the Landlord and Tenant Act, which obliged him to maintain and safety check the gas appliances, and provide us with a certificate to that effect, yearly?

The arrogant swine thought he was above the law.

Hell guess what?

He wasn't! And the environmental health slapped an order on him that he was not to let the dangerous property out to anyone else posing a danger to THEIR lives, until the defects had been put right.

Just because you were stung by a dodgy landlord it doesnt mean they are all the same. The majority of landlords abide by the rules set up to help them and the tenants.

Just because you were stung by a dodgy landlord it doesnt mean they are all the same. The majority of landlords abide by the rules set up to help them and the tenants.

and just as many don't. Look at your typical shabby student houses, divided up into bedsits, the owner trying to make a fast buck out of the naive.

and just as many don't. Look at your typical shabby student houses, divided up into bedsits, the owner trying to make a fast buck out of the naive.

Student houses have very tight regulations and are inspected by the universities before being classed as fit. They have to meet all relevant standards often far better than a typical rental property. You can blame the students for the shabby look.

Student houses have very tight regulations and are inspected by the universities before being classed as fit. They have to meet all relevant standards often far better than a typical rental property. You can blame the students for the shabby look.

bull.

The landlord that crippled me also owned the house next door, which was a student house. That house was in almost as bad a state of repair as mine. The only difference was that the student house was supposed to have a fire-safety inspection every twelve months. (where the fire extinguishers were checked etc) and mine wasn't.

The students don't furnish and carpet the furnished bedsits. the students weren't the source of the dry rot or unsafe wiring.

bull.

The landlord that crippled me also owned the house next door, which was a student house. That house was in almost as bad a state of repair as mine. The only difference was that the student house was supposed to have a fire-safety inspection every twelve months. (where the fire extinguishers were checked etc) and mine wasn't.

The students don't furnish and carpet the furnished bedsits. the students weren't the source of the dry rot or unsafe wiring.

If you were in private renred accomodation you could have chosen to move on. It was your choice to live there. You must have seen it before you signsd up, so you knew what state it was in.

If you were in private renred accomodation you could have chosen to move on. It was your choice to live there. You must have seen it before you signsd up, so you knew what state it was in.

yes, we knew about the defects, and we made a list of those defects, and had an agreement with the landlord that he'd fix them before we moved in.

He didn't, and then he reneged on the agreement, and refused to do the repairs.

We didn't know about the problem with the fire spewing CO out, until February, by which time I was very seriously ill. It took us calling the gas Board engineer in to find out that the flue was blocked, and was in a potentially lethal condition, preventing the CO from venting up the chimney. (where you can see damp and bowing walls and caving-in rooves, you can't actually see Carbon Monoxide.)

Because people only come on here to moan and never talk about the good things others have done.

what good have you done any one glove girl!!!!!!!!

Because people only come on here to moan and never talk about the good things others have done.

That statement must be correct, cos all you have done on here is moan about we skankers who live in our social housing.