Sanctuary housing Shiregreen estate

Sorry, i thought this thread was about Sanctuary housing, :huh: so people are bound to "moan" if things are not right in their homes. If there are people who don't like that, easy, don't bother with this thread, go to one that you totally agree with and those on it agree with you.

Sorry, i thought this thread was about Sanctuary housing, :huh: so people are bound to "moan" if things are not right in their homes. If there are people who don't like that, easy, don't bother with this thread, go to one that you totally agree with and those on it agree with you.

This thread seems to be about moaning at sanctuary for not fixing things they shouldnt have to. As far as im concerned santuary are within theirrights not to deal with gardens, this is the tenants responsibility and as for unblocking toilets that is just beggars belief that tenants can complain about that. What happened to fixing things yourself, like in the old days. Bring back the council inspectors who insisted houses were kept in a proper state or the tenant was evicted.

Actually, I think you'll find under the landlord and tenant act, the landlord is obliged to ensure that things like loos are in good working order, so there is no health hazard posed.

PT= that's absolutely right, got it in one;)

ive got a fantastic place to put Phylis's glove

I very much doubt it was Sanctuary who blocked your toilet, as far as I know their office staff do not carry out plumbing duties, if it is the case that a contractor caused the block of your toilet then there is no way sanctuary would make you pay for it yourself.

My father is disabled, if he cant repair something himself, he will call someone out to do it and pay them ( pretty much like most people would do).

Yourself and plain talker seem to think this is some kind of us and them argument-well your right it is, people who love o moan and people who just get on with it.

Yes it is the contractor that made a genuine mistake, but its sanctuary you put your repairs to and there the ones that muck you around:loopy:

This thread seems to be about moaning at sanctuary for not fixing things they shouldnt have to. As far as im concerned santuary are within theirrights not to deal with gardens, this is the tenants responsibility and as for unblocking toilets that is just beggars belief that tenants can complain about that. What happened to fixing things yourself, like in the old days. Bring back the council inspectors who insisted houses were kept in a proper state or the tenant was evicted.

This thread was started "what do you think of Sanctuary housing?"So people could air there opinions.

Its obvious to me you haven't heard of Garden Pledge, they do elderly and disabled peoples garden who are unable to do there own. in the last 3 years Sanctuary did mine once, and yes 1 year i paid out £150 to have mine done so people like you didn't look down there nose at me:rant:

This thread was started "what do you think of Sanctuary housing?"So people could air there opinions.

Its obvious to me you haven't heard of Garden Pledge, they do elderly and disabled peoples garden who are unable to do there own. in the last 3 years Sanctuary did mine once, and yes 1 year i paid out £150 to have mine done so people like you didn't look down there nose at me:rant:

Steady on. Gardening isnt cheap. We have spent far more than £150 in the last year on our garden. Its what you do if you have one. The council should go back to the days when you kept it tidy or you were out. Obviously the elderly/infirm need help to achieve this but the able bodied who just cant be arsed have no excuse.

Steady on. Gardening isnt cheap. We have spent far more than £150 in the last year on our garden. Its what you do if you have one. The council should go back to the days when you kept it tidy or you were out. Obviously the elderly/infirm need help to achieve this but the able bodied who just cant be arsed have no excuse.

well i am disabled, an have severe mobility problems, but i still get in my wheel chair and get a strimmer to my garden when i am not in pain. so i can be arsed and i can pay, so why do sanctuary say they will help (garden pledge) but never do, at the end of the day they did offer, but never went through with it.

don't make any more comments to me cause I'm getting bored with you and probably a few others are to:huh:

why not start your own thread "my bog gloves":hihi:

Don`t bite PT. She`s winding you up

I suspect 'she' is really a he and is recieving great satisfaction in winding people up. I suggest everyone disregards comments made by those not actually affected by the incompetence of Sanctuary or FHM and stop giving them what is probably the only pleasure they get in their sad little lives.

I suspect 'she' is really a he and is recieving great satisfaction in winding people up. I suggest everyone disregards comments made by those not actually affected by the incompetence of Sanctuary or FHM and stop giving them what is probably the only pleasure they get in their sad little lives.

She is a she and she really dislikes the way council tenants moan that the council is not doing tasks, which in days gone by would have been the tenants responsibility and still should be. Why should the council drop everything to come to you. I dont know where some of you get your crazy ideas but you are not the only tenants in Sheffield. You should be singing their praises, at least you have a property. Think of all the thousands who need one but cant have one because ungrateful sods like you have got one, then maybe you will think twice before having another rant.

As for this being my only pleasure in life, think again. I work hard for a living and play hard come the weekend. This is why i can afford a house, three cars and why im also getting a boat. Working hard for a living gets you the things you want, moanining about everything and everyone doesnt.

you do talk bubbles, phylis.

the point of paying rent to your landlord is not so that a Mister Rachman can sit on pots of money whilst letting the property go to rack and ruin, and have the tenant end up in a wheelchair like my former landlord did to me, by virtue of Carbon Monoxide poisoning from a badly maintained gas fire, which left me with neurological damage.

The landlord and tenant act lays out the obligations on both sides, the tenant's obligations, and the Landlords, and part of the Landlord's obligations are that s/he is expected to keep the property maintained to a safe standard.

The tenant pays rent for the landlord to comply with those obligations.

I frankly don't give a monkeys about your bought council house, your three cars, and you wanting a boat, too. All I give a monkeys about, is that other landlords do not do to other tenants what my former landlord did to me.

I'm not an ungrateful sod, and I resent your sweeping dismissal of social housing tenants as ungrateful, when they are only requesting that their landlord comply with the Act, and give them the house in good repair that is their due under the Act.

err! Phylis, we don't live in council houses any longer, thats why this thread is called "what do you think about sanctuary housing" As for the rest of the stuff you put in your last post. Sad so sad, :loopy: them that really have it don't have to brag about it. You do also have a tendency to repeat yourself. Don't you think it's time you went to a thread where you know what you are talking about.

err! Phylis, we don't live in council houses any longer, thats why this thread is called "what do you think about sanctuary housing" As for the rest of the stuff you put in your last post. Sad so sad, :loopy: them that really have it don't have to brag about it. You do also have a tendency to repeat yourself. Don't you think it's time you went to a thread where you know what you are talking about.

Shall we call it social housing then to make you happy. At the end of the day it is all the same except possibly that the council housing looks better than the attempt at Shiregreen. I do know what im talking about. i have a tendancy to repeat myself due to the fact that the majority of people on here moan about similar nonsenses.