Sanctuary housing Shiregreen estate

I'm not saying you shouldn't have an opinion just make sure you have your facts right when you voice it. In this case unless you live here that can't happen.

Sorry didn't mean to imply that if you didn't live on Shiregreen you couldn't have your say, but if you don't live on here or know someone who does you can't say what we do or don't have to put.

Just as a point to note! (Directed at PHYLIS the lavender bottom burper!)

Point (I own my house on Shiregreen, and I am no different from anyone else on this estate whether tenant or resident, because we all have a responsibility to look after the area in which we live. That includes stopping workmen from driving on grass verges, throwing their litter out of their vehicles, dumping their work rubbish (term used loosely) in the street and all the other s#*t we have had to put up with)

So there...

...rant over. :rant:

I dont know any of the workmen on the estate to clear that one up. What i do know is that the more you argue with them the less likely they are to do what you want. I work in the construction industry and as such know how to approach them and i can say that shouting and balling at them wont work it will make them worse. Litter can not all be blamed on the workmen. We have a litter problem in Foxhill (where the majority of the workforce has finished) the answer we have found is to clear up any litter found outside your property. The whole street is doing this and it is making a difference.If the tenants of Shiregreen feel so strongly about these issues why is nothing being done? As a community in Foxhill we have pulled together to tackle some of the issues in and around the estate and are having success in most areas of the estate. It goes to show that problems can be resolved, so instead of coming on here and groaning and grumbling get out there and do something about it. Pull together as a community and show the rest of Sheffield that Shiregreen is a decent area to live in not the scruffy estate it appears to be from the outside. Get out there and get to know your neighbours.

Ruddy workmen, :rant: had to put up with a radio tuned to some thud, thud station blaring out for hours yesterday, when my headache reached exploding point, due to the noise and having to have my windows closed because of it, i went out and politely asked the painters if they would turn it down and got a mouthfull back and told to "get in house". so yes i did tell them to go forth and multiply. Later after they had gone i went down the garden to get my cat in (she's getting on a bit and not too good at hearing) before the usual scum came hanging round the brook. looking over into my nieghbours garden for her i spotted something which made me heave. one of the painters had only had a crap at the bottom of the garden next to my fence. Cannot tell you how mad i am, the dirty *******d. The guy who lives there will have to clean that up when he moves back in before his dog or son end up treading on it. Took a pic wi digi cam to send to Dave Bennett at sanctuary. Just where did they find this scum. :rant::rant:

Ruddy workmen, :rant: had to put up with a radio tuned to some thud, thud station blaring out for hours yesterday, when my headache reached exploding point, due to the noise and having to have my windows closed because of it, i went out and politely asked the painters if they would turn it down and got a mouthfull back and told to "get in house". so yes i did tell them to go forth and multiply. Later after they had gone i went down the garden to get my cat in (she's getting on a bit and not too good at hearing) before the usual scum came hanging round the brook. looking over into my nieghbours garden for her i spotted something which made me heave. one of the painters had only had a crap at the bottom of the garden next to my fence. Cannot tell you how mad i am, the dirty *******d. The guy who lives there will have to clean that up when he moves back in before his dog or son end up treading on it. Took a pic wi digi cam to send to Dave Bennett at sanctuary. Just where did they find this scum. :rant::rant:

So much for asking them politly as 'lavendar PHYLIS' suggested! These workmen are not even from this planet!

Yesterday, I saw one of the workmen driving along the grass verge in his big dumper truck (must have a small penis) with the trailer on the back, OUTSIDE Hartly Brook School at 2:50pm when parents and small children were around. H&S springs to mind, not to mention the Road Traffic Act 1988, section 19. And if you've been or are going to find what it says, this vehicle classes as an HGV! (That wones for Phylis, coz she like to fink she's edukated).

Should you really have been looking into your neighbours garden. It is after all their property. If you got to go you got to go.

I think phylis is just trying to wind us up now for the fun of it. Don`t bite.

I finally got my boundry fence up after a year of emails and letters and phone calls. I`ve got to say they did a great job and the guys were nice although i did supply them with tea and coffee. The only complaint was from my neighbour as she was on nights so did`nt get much sleep.

My mother in laws house is finally finished - think she's pleased lol. It does look lovely now, far better than it used to, but there has been problems, the latest being she had a bath only to discover it made a huge crack in the kitchen ceiling! I think most of the workmen were ok but there were a few incidents, where they insisted something would be fine in the bedroom, only for it to get plaster dropped on it and ruined. When they brought her furniture back they left it on her drive...shes 60+ and disabled, luckily she has 2 sons who put it back in the house for her, but I'm sure there are other people on the estate who aren't lucky enough to have this which should really be addressed.

I think the houses do need to be done, as there are aspects which arent really safe in some of the houses, but although most are ok, there are some workmen who seem to have little respect for the tenants purely because they are 'council'. Its a shame, its a job and you'd think they'd take pride in their work.

I think phylis is just trying to wind us up now for the fun of it. Don`t bite.

I finally got my boundry fence up after a year of emails and letters and phone calls. I`ve got to say they did a great job and the guys were nice although i did supply them with tea and coffee. The only complaint was from my neighbour as she was on nights so did`nt get much sleep.

Just stating the facts of life. We all know that when nature calls we have no option.

Should you really have been looking into your neighbours garden. It is after all their property. If you got to go you got to go.

Thankgod, this time both sanctuary and FHM agreed with me and made the painter go and clean it up, i also spoke to his boss and he was fuming. I did say that i could understand if one got caught short and had no other option but why could he not clean it up after and put it in the bin. His boss replied "thats wot we have a bloody compound for". And as for me looking into my neighbours garden, guess he's lucky he has me and not you next door to him. Yes i look and i shut the gate when the shirkmen have finished, i even go and trim his shrubs so they don't get overgrown by the time he comes back home, thats what decent neighbours do for each other.

Thankgod, this time both sanctuary and FHM agreed with me and made the painter go and clean it up, i also spoke to his boss and he was fuming. I did say that i could understand if one got caught short and had no other option but why could he not clean it up after and put it in the bin. His boss replied "thats wot we have a bloody compound for". And as for me looking into my neighbours garden, guess he's lucky he has me and not you next door to him. Yes i look and i shut the gate when the shirkmen have finished, i even go and trim his shrubs so they don't get overgrown by the time he comes back home, thats what decent neighbours do for each other.

We get on very well with both of our neighbours. We do look out for each other. We put out and bring in each others bins, we look after each others houses when on holiday. We dont go poking around to see if somethings been s******g in each others gardens. We have got on very well with our neighbours since we moved in and we plan on keeping it this way which means not snooping around.

May i suggest you go back and read the post i put about this to know why i was looking in my neighbours garden. Also my neighbour asked me to keep an eye out whilst he was away. Didn't think to look for anyone taking a crap though, didn't imagine for one min anyone would be that disgusting or that anyone would condone it as exeptable behaviour. We live and learn.