Sanctuary housing Shiregreen estate

what do people thing of Sanctuary housing?????????

there the biggest set of losers as they think its acceptable to let one of their propertys damage mine:rant:

They are the housing association that have taken over the Shiregreen estate after a majority of tenants voted to leave the council. As so many people on the forum appear critical of Sheffield Homes/council housing, I had assumed that the vote went to Sanctuary because tenants would get a better deal with them. Is this not the case then?

Well I am not a tennent but my eldery neighbour is and her drain pipe has split and the water is running down my back wall causing damp. If I have to go down to the office again and see that smug bloke Im going to drag him to look at the damage.

carpetviper; Ive had a pipe like that for a month know and my drain has been blocked for as long.

i was one of the few that said no to them.

i was at the solicitors yesterday about them.

i agree they are loses.

Im thinking of repairing it and sending them the bill plus costs plus stress

My cusin lives on Bellhouse, and her house is in a right tacking! Shes been telling me for a year shes getting a new kitchen, floors, boiler. The windows are old and wood is rotting, the bathrooms are a joke, no toilet upstairs. dont know myself but it would appear they talk out of their rears!

If I have to go down to the office again and see that smug bloke Im going to drag him to look at the damage.

I will always remember being told by someone who used to work in the area 9 housing office that some bloke had got so angry about the council not repairing his door, that he took it off it's hinges and slammed it on the reception desk! It didn't go down too well by all accounts. :hihi:

I will always remember being told by someone who used to work in the area 9 housing office that some bloke had got so angry about the council not repairing his door, that he took it off it's hinges and slammed it on the reception desk! It didn't go down too well by all accounts. :hihi:

I would stand up and applaud him. They promise to spend money and sort out the estate to get in once they are in you can even get then to do general repairs. One day we will learn that because somebody promises more they will always deliver as sanctuary are as bad as the council.

i did not vote for them either . what i object to is scc put the rents up and then they put em up as well !!!!!!!! i moved into my house 23 years ago and the only reason i took it was the letter i got saying this property is due for modernisation in 6 months . its been a long 6 months and my house is stil old cold and the toilet is in the porch . :rant:

they just wrote to me about my blocked drain, it has to be done by 18 June, what a laugh, i thought that it was a health hazard and had to be done with in 24 hours, its been blocked 1 month know....

what a joke.

I didnt vote for them either Sheffield Council were poor to say the least i could run a complete thread on there failings but at least they did something.

Sanctuary put up my rent without informing me, they sent me a letter to sort out my rent payments ie direct debit when i rang them to sort it a bright young lady asked me when i was going to do about paying my rent until dd was set up she couldnt answer me when i told her i was six weeks in front.

They have been in charge now for over a year and i have yet to see what they have done on the estate the verges look worse the area is looking more rundown in general at least with the council you had some accountability with Sanctuary who is there.