Large plane over Chatsworth

Did anyone see the low flying plane over Chatsworth park about 3pm today?

I'm sorry.

Parker forgot the SatNav and had to drop below the clouds to get his bearings.

Sorry, m'lady, I tried not to frighten the sheep.

It was the dambusters reunion, but being old they cant get the hang of sat nav and got lost :hihi:

Oh wow - this is strange. We were out in the peaks just before 3pm today just having left Sheffield on the road to Foxhouse.

There were four of us in the car and we all saw a large, dark grey plane flying really low and banking as if it was in trouble. We were convinced it was going to crash and thought about calling to report it as it disappeared over a hill. We thought afterwards it could have been some kind of military plane but there's no way it could have landed anywhere round there.

I did also remember afterwards reading about sightings of Second World War 'Ghost-planes' in the Peaks which spooked us a bit. It did look like a Lancaster Bomber when we searched for photos on the internet trying to identify it. It was also noiseless.

Did anyone else see this plane or have any ideas what might have been happening. We managed to get a photo of it where you can see there's a plane but not much more.

Apologies for the repeat - I've just posted a version of this story on another thread but am hoping it might get a few more reads here too.

Basically, we were out in the Peaks just before 3pm today just having left Sheffield on the road to Foxhouse.

There were four of us in the car and we all saw a large, dark grey plane flying really low and banking as if it was in trouble. We were convinced it was going to crash and thought about calling to report it as it disappeared over a hill. It was an old-style model and we thought afterwards it could have been some kind of military plane but, even so, it couldn't have landed anywhere round there and there was definitely something not right with how it was flying.

I did also remember afterwards reading about sightings of Second World War 'Ghost-planes' in the Peaks which spooked us a bit. It did look like a Lancaster Bomber when we searched for photos on the internet trying to identify it. It was also noiseless.

Did anyone else see this plane or have any ideas what might have been happening. We managed to get a photo of it where you can see there's a plane but not much more.

Have you got a link to the picture?

Sorry.

Parker dropped me off by parachute at Grindleford, as planned.

We had several complaints implying that he then went looking for taxi pick-ups.

He has been dismissed.

Yes, I have a link to the photo..........just searching for it.

:)

I have the link.......apparently I need 5 posts before I can post it so bear with me!