St Pats Day Saturday 17th... Who's going out?

Going out and hopefully to town, my mates birthday.

Going out and hopefully to town, my mates birthday.

Watch out for a leggy blonde in a green dress with a Guinness moustache lol :P ..... Run the other way :P

With a mate whose got Irish blood, I'll be out and probably in the Guiness tent a good percentage of the time. And the Dog and Partridge will be visited. :thumbsup:

OOOh I wish I was able to have a guiness on saturday (my once a year treat) but I'm on a "Leaders of Religious Education" conference at a posh hotel in Reading so it'll be a sociable glass of red wine and behaving myself with the socks and sandals crew:gag:

OOOh I wish I was able to have a guiness on saturday (my once a year treat) but I'm on a "Leaders of Religious Education" conference at a posh hotel in Reading so it'll be a sociable glass of red wine and behaving myself with the socks and sandals crew:gag:

Sounds a blast! :hihi:

Watch out for a leggy blonde in a green dress with a Guinness moustache lol :P ..... Run the other way :P

you sound hot

bar the moustache!

Will watch out for you

you sound hot

bar the moustache!

Will watch out for you

haha oh I am.... very! :D

i'll be working thankfully, in a nice pub that hasnt gone ott about St Patrick's day, in fact i cant remember seeing any silly decorations the last time i was in there :thumbsup: a st pats free night for me i think, double :thumbsup:

i wonder if sheffield council will erect a big tent on fargate for april 23rd?

I usually try to get out early doors (otherwise known as opening time, if not before in the good old days :hihi: ), so I can go out for a bit and see the lads before the drunken louts come and ruin it.

Try and get a pint in Fagan's or the Dog and Partridge, or even the Grapes after about 3pm, and you'll be waiting a long time.

There's the merest hint of irony, you know. The UK becomes green for a day for a wee-up, and it's the only day we Irish can't get into, never mind be served, in our own pubs.

It's like Cromwell all over again.

Just because we can drink and party better than you, you overrun the thing.

Wait for your own day in April, would you? And don't forget, Paddy was Welsh, and George was Turkish .......

Does anyone know what time things are going off in town? I've heard Hallam FM are on Fargate... just wondering if anyone knows what's happening?

Ta!

:D

well i will be celebrating as i was born in sheffield and unlike many people, my parents came here many years ago, not to claim benefits but to work, so yeah pretty special day 4 me. happy st patricks day everyone x