Walkers Group Meet Monday 19 March Queens Head Pond Street

I will endeavor to be there about 7.00 along with, John 'Campy' Burrows small book of about 25 circular walks starting from Totley with varying in distance of 3 - 10 miles each. I've also got the, 'Round Greater Sheffield Walk', which is approx 60 Miles in length but suitably split up into linear sections, or I've got the ones that I've walked and easily plotted on a map. (with no booze).

What's the pubs food like? Can I get more than A Yorkshire Pudding & Gravy?

I`ll be going there straight from work, which will be 6-6.30 and will have something to eat before the others turn up. If you arrive earlyish look for a good-looking guy reading a book. I`ll be sat next to him!

That will be Me! If its not Snowing on Monday evening, If it is I'll be sat here awaiting news of whats happenning

Taxman has confirmed that he has pressed his finest tuxedo and brushed off his best silk top hat and will also be in attendance. :thumbsup:

Well, we've already got a challenge! Forummer Pedro1948 has asked for short walk suggestions, so get thinking caps on for that. There's been a couple of good ideas already on his thread, but we should be able to expand on that. :)

I think I might have to start attending :cool:

Really sorry Guys, but Meaks and I won't be attending. Got really cold coming home from work, and just can't face venturing out again. :(:shakes:

I'm sure you'll all have a good time. :)

K x

Really sorry Guys, but Meaks and I won't be attending. Got really cold coming home from work, and just can't face venturing out again. :(:shakes:

I'm sure you'll all have a good time. :)

K x

Man of my own heart. It was snowing so I gave the meeting a miss but I'm in fine fettle for the next walk. I hope all went well at the meeting.

I must apologise for my non-attendance as well! I had unexpected "issues" and a horribly busy evening, so couldn't manage. :( Could've done with a nice pint or two by the time I'd done... still, that means double for me next time.

Good meeting with at least 30 there at the last count, although some of them might have been non-forumners! (Did the barman agree to come with us in the end?)

All people present were/are of the opinion that the Walking Group is going from strength to strength, with a healthy number of walkers enjoying some really good walks recently.

It was also agreed at the meeting that any further attempts to disrupt the "atmosphere" of the group were to be ignored!

The following walks have been suggested for the forthcoming weeks/months :-

Wharncliffe Woods - See seperate thread for this Sunday, 25th

Worsborough park and Dove Trail

Derwent & Ladybower

Millers Dale

Dovedale

Chatsworth

Wentworth (again!)

Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated

Good meeting with at least 30 there at the last count, although some of them might have been non-forumners! (Did the barman agree to come with us in the end?)

All people present were/are of the opinion that the Walking Group is going from strength to strength, with a healthy number of walkers enjoying some really good walks recently.

It was also agreed at the meeting that any further attempts to disrupt the "atmosphere" of the group were to be ignored!

Derwent & Ladybower

Millers Dale

Dovedale

Chatsworth

Wentworth (again!)

For one of the Derwent Ladybower walks I would like to suggest that a walk passing Alport Castles is included also one to the John Derry Memorial Bridge at the very top of the dam.

Alport Castle View point really on a clear day must be one of the best in Britain. John Derry wrote 'Across the Derbyshire Moors'. Had it not been for men like him. We would not have a walking group interested in visiting the Peak District. It would be like people in Manchester visiting Stockport for a walk!!

Sounds like a nice meet I missed there :( Still, some good routes planned! Can I add Longdendale to that list too please? I did a thread about it a while ago, and by all accounts it sounds great. Alport Castlesounds good too! :clap:

Derwent & Ladybower

Millers Dale

Dovedale

Chatsworth

Wentworth (again!)

Some good walks can be found here:

http://www.cprepeakandsyorks.org.uk

Click on

news and publication

click on

favorite walks and places

My first 'url' (I must be getting better!!)