Walkers Group Meet Monday 19 March Queens Head Pond Street

Well GrinderBloke, you'll both be more than welcome! We're not a very exclusive group... the more the merrier! :clap:

Only been once and the food I had was ok. Just ordinary stuff like gammon,pie, fish etc with chips and peas. Dont think it`d be a place that I`d go to specifically for a meal. More like the sort of place you`d eat at while you were there, if you know what I mean!

I know what you mean, but we will be heading straight to Sheffield from work so will need nourishment before I hit the ale ;)

I know what you mean, but we will be heading straight to Sheffield from work so will need nourishment before I hit the ale ;)

It`s as good a place as anywhere and you`ll be in the right place for the meet if you eat there! Pm me if you want to meet before the meet as it were, and I`ll give you my mobile number

I'll be there - after I have studied the agenda of course... :lol:

Where it the nearest place to park near the pub?

There are meters right outside the pub, and its free after 6.30, and noone ever seems to park there. If they all do happen to be taken up, just go back round the block again and park on the meters on the right just before you go round the corner where the Penny Black is. You`ll just have a 200 yard walk from there, thats all.

Well, I'm definately up for this. I might even be there in official capacity to ensure there is no deviation, hesitation or repetition on the subject of walking only. :hihi:

In seriousness, will be there with a few walking-type friends. :)

Looking forward to seeing all the active members, and associated hangers on :)

K x

Taxman has confirmed that he has pressed his finest tuxedo and brushed off his best silk top hat and will also be in attendance. :thumbsup:

Well, we've already got a challenge! Forummer Pedro1948 has asked for short walk suggestions, so get thinking caps on for that. There's been a couple of good ideas already on his thread, but we should be able to expand on that. :)

You will, of course, take as read my harumphing over the choice of night. :rolleyes:

If I wasn't so certain of my irresistable wonderfulness I'd be thinking you plan these things for nights when you know I'll be away :P

Hope you all have a splendid wing-ding of an evening despite my absence :)

Well Mr Frack, if you are again going to be missing in action, then you must choose the date of the April meet. Go on, the rest of us might even show up. Go on... go on, gwaaaaaaan!

I'll be checking in at around 8 o'clock.Save me a seat,please!

But...but...that'd be like me being in charge of the WHOLE walking group

Just like you and Kristian :o

I really don't know if I could cope with the pressure and reponsibility of all those tiny pairs of goretex-clad feet in my trembly, fumbling hands :?

But I might be really bold and suggest something once April is underway and the spring lambs are a-frisking and a-frolicking and my heart is filled with valour and derring-do. Maybe...