Near misses ... how close have you come!

other week when hubby pulled out of our street on to main road and some fool (speeding) went through red light. was heading for passenger side. we just managed to get out of way in time.

my mates hair was stuck on end it was that close

thought all your mates hair stuck on end back in the day mel:hihi:

The last two times we have driven to and from London to visit my family, we have come far too close for comfort to RTAs on the M1. The first time, we were driving in quite heavy but flowing traffic and suddenly realised that we were staring at someone's headlights...she had lost control, spun, and come to a stop in the outside and middle lane facing oncoming traffic. I was (I thought reasonably, lol) yelping at my husband to STOP!!!! before we hit her, but he was aware, as I wasn't, that a lorry was coming up fast behind us so he couldn't just slam on the brakes...thankfully we all managed to stop in time, but it was close.

Last time, I was driving, and some lads lost control in front of me, hit the central reservation, spun across all three lanes and back again to smash dramatically into the central reservation once more. At one point they were headed straight for us, and again, traffic wasn't heavy, but constant...thankfully, everyone behaved very well, getting out of their way without causing further accidents. I stopped, convinced we were going to have to do First Aid and witness something really horrendous (and we had Cosycub in the car) but thankfully both lads were fine - apart from panicked running back and forth across the motorway in the face of traffic. Later my husband said he was yes, quite impressed that I got us out of the way safely, but more impressed that rather than swearing in the moment of crisis, I just said a little forcefully, 'Oh my god.' LOL.

:loopy:

Thought! You should have been at least 3ft from the parked car.:loopy

Closest shave, behind a hgv that jack knifed on the M1

So you clear every car you pass by 3ft - I doubt that. I didnt hit him because I had left a safe distance otherwise it wouldnt have been a near miss :huh: It was very close though hence the title of the thread....

He was parked where he shouldnt be on busy road with narrow lanes and busses. He opened his door fully and came straight out - If he had even looked once he would have seen me - Trust me you cant miss me.

And Im not hugging the white line when busses coming the other way Id rather risk a door.

Been blown up three times, electrocuted at least four times that I can remember

You mean you've suffered electric shock 4 times, people who have been 'elecrocuted' are dead. :thumbsup:

You mean you've suffered electric shock 4 times, people who have been 'elecrocuted' are dead. :thumbsup:

Yup, from mild all the way through to 50,000 volt city-feeder cables.

I was a whiz with a pnuematic drill when I worked for the water board, I used to go through electricity and gas mains like a hot knife through butter.

They nick named me sparky at one point.

had a gun shoved in mi face when i tried to help some one whos house was on fire and had the flippin check to accuse me of startin the fire

Been blown up three times, electrocuted at least four times that I can remember, Buried alive, I fell down a cliff once, Had a shotgun pointed in my lovely face at point blank by a psychotic female, almost fell into a crusher on numerous occasions, almost fell into vats of boiling acid on other numerous occasions, been in a road smash, hit by a taxi, run over by a land rover, lost on the moors in a blizzard, chased by a bull...

All that was before I hit the age of 25.

And i always took you for an unlucky guy jabbers but only goes to prove that your not human :thumbsup:

So you clear every car you pass by 3ft - I doubt that. I didnt hit him because I had left a safe distance otherwise it wouldnt have been a near miss.

Unless this car was parked on yellow lines or some other no parking/stopping area and you had hit his door, who do you think the insurance would have laid the blame on!. You, because you were travelling too close to stationary vehicles

Had a lorry shed part of it's tyre on the motorway which fell in front of us. My ex said what do I do and I in my ignorance said drive over it, we had no option. So we did , off went the bumper and the number plate rattled behind us and we pulled into the nearest layby. As my ex shook with shock I looked under the car and saw bright shiney metal through the dirt where the tyre had scatched it's way through the underneath of it ---could have been in a nasty accdent.

And once on Woodhead in the fog, we saw a cars headlights approachinng us in the mist on our side. A car driver had decided to pass long line of lorries and had nowhere to cut back in, luckily a lorry driver managed to make room just before he ran staight into us.

hazel

I have had a couple in the last two year's, just over two year's ago we went to the lake's for a camping holiday, on the way there the brakes locked on the car and a bloody great lorry missed us by inches. Thank god the driver of the lorry was doing a sensible speed or he would have totaled us. Then just under a year later in the same car we had another accident, this time it was the rear end of a lorry (I swear that car was touched with evil) I was very lucky to get away with my life in that one, car was a rite off and I am still recovering from the injurys. Then on south road last week some daft bint ran a red on the crossing and nearly killed me. Incidently the last car crash was south road too.. weird or what :suspect: