Near misses ... how close have you come!

Had my fair share of near misses (lorrys having blowouts infront of me etc) but must have scared the poo out of this chap today.

Driving past ponds forge - dipstick parked in the bus stop opens his door right infront of me steps out without looking. I think he saw his life flash before him, I must of missed him gnats breath and his car door was definatly too close for comfort:loopy:

Fortunatly the cars ok :thumbsup: I think he needed new underpants tho.

But in honour of him dodging death I thought Id ask!

So how close have you got and gotten away with it! Not necessaryly car related could be any time you have managed to dodge the grim reaper....

(oh and if it was you stepping out when the BIG RED CAR just missed you use you bleedin mirrors next time cos otherwise youll end up as someones hood ornament !)

was almost a gnats chuff away from being struck by lightening while tripping once

my mates hair was stuck on end it was that close

Probably nearly falling out of my bedroom window last weekend :hihi:

was almost a gnats chuff away from being struck by lightening while tripping once

my mates hair was stuck on end it was that close

if you were tripping how do you remember the reality?

have you ever tripped before mate? i'd guess not from that question

either that or you were given some kinda daft hefty dose

have you ever tripped before mate? i'd guess not from that question

either that or you were given some kinda daft hefty dose

No never, I slept through the sixties.

What you kiddies call strong, was nothing to us.

its hard to explain, but you DO have a sense of reality.

and theres something about almost being hit by lightning you know is real

the heat, the disorientation, the flash ..............which i actually believe was nothing to do witht he acid

and it was lightning before we started :P

I was going down my steep garden on my tricycle when I was about three. My mate had just gotten a hand down bike from his big brother so actually had brakes, something I didn't. He stopped at the bottom, I didn't. I kind of hit a wall, went flying through the air and straight towards a single paned glass window (before double glazing was the standard). Luckily I bounced off rather than going straight through. After that my Dad dug out the garden and made it completely flat. :hihi:

Mister Hitler decided to drop a bomb outside our flat on the evening my mother decided we should visit an aunt a mile away.

Ppl in the flat below ours died

The 1st of 3 just misses in my life

A near-miss on the snake pass whilst overtaking a very very slow lorry. Another lorry was coming towards us, I'm like 'Philip, we are going to die' totally calm and accepting of it. And we didn't. GOD did I cry with relief!

Been blown up three times, electrocuted at least four times that I can remember, Buried alive, I fell down a cliff once, Had a shotgun pointed in my lovely face at point blank by a psychotic female, almost fell into a crusher on numerous occasions, almost fell into vats of boiling acid on other numerous occasions, been in a road smash, hit by a taxi, run over by a land rover, lost on the moors in a blizzard, chased by a bull...

All that was before I hit the age of 25.

:loopy:

Had my fair share of near misses (lorrys having blowouts infront of me etc) but must have scared the poo out of this chap today.

Driving past ponds forge - dipstick parked in the bus stop opens his door right infront of me steps out without looking. I think he saw his life flash before him, I must of missed him gnats breath and his car door was definatly too close for comfort:loopy:

Fortunatly the cars ok :thumbsup: I think he needed new underpants tho.

But in honour of him dodging death I thought Id ask!

So how close have you got and gotten away with it! Not necessaryly car related could be any time you have managed to dodge the grim reaper....

(oh and if it was you stepping out when the BIG RED CAR just missed you use you bleedin mirrors next time cos otherwise youll end up as someones hood ornament !)

Thought! You should have been at least 3ft from the parked car.:loopy

Closest shave, behind a hgv that jack knifed on the M1