Samaritan left brain damaged after attack - November 2006

The trouble is, society is littered with people like him. Each year there seems to be more of them and less decent people.

The only way to even things up is to string them up, because the way things are going, in 10 years or so there wont be enough nicks to hold them, some judges even now are suggesting letting loads of them out early.

I would like to say lots of things in davids defence but i am up against it so thanx for everyone who tried to listen.

I wouldn't bother - there is nothing to say - he's a thug who deserves to rot.

The trouble is, society is littered with people like him. Each year there seems to be more of them and less decent people.

The only way to even things up is to string them up, because the way things are going, in 10 years or so there wont be enough nicks to hold them, some judges even now are suggesting letting loads of them out early.

What you are suggesting represents a dramatic swing from liberal to hard-line conservative approach to law enforcement. I know of an increasing number of people that agree with you.

Regrettably it does appear that the British, as a whole, cannot accept the responsibility to live in a liberal society.

I am david Sumners ex girlfriend and the mother of his child, the one he allegadly strangled, that is a load of bull!, he never tried to strangle me and was never violant, that report was made from an insident when i had to ring the police for his own good and the courts and press have turned it in to something it isn't.

I am very simpathetic of the man he hit and his famiy but im also outraged of what has been said about dave

I know dave deserves to be locked up for what hes done to this man and his family but not for the time the've given him, I no no1 will agree but I have known dave for a very long time and lived with him for years, He is not a violant thug he's been made out to be...

He shouldn't have stayed on the tram to fight the other 2 guys i know, but what the papers don't tell you is that mr smith knew the 2 guys that were arguing with dave and said to them i'll get off the tram with you see if thers any trouble,

so dave got off the tram and started fighting with the 2 men, mr smith went to join in and dave in a rage because hes fighting hit the man tring to hit him(mr smith), unluckily mr smith fell hard. but hes not the big samaritan hes made out to be, he didn't need to step in at all because the 2 men having a fight with dave wern't in a lot of trouble they could have handled themselves.

This has also ruined daves family, i should know i'm part of it, his daughter will now grow up without a dad, before you comment DAVE WAS A BRILLIANT FATHER. But it said nothing about that in the paper...

He's a very caring loving person and he's said repeatidly everytime i talk to him that he is destroyed about what he has done to this man and his family, he shows so much remorse, and i know hes sorry.

he shouldn't have bin fighting in the first place but whats happend is unlucky, he didnt beat this man, he didnt start stamping on his head, he didn't even start fighting with this man,and i don't think any of you have the right to slag him off the way you have you don't know him or even the whole story of what happend.....

But are the circumstances that important? Violence was commited, a man lost his life, ok he isnt dead but he might as well be.

Tons of people get into violent situations but they dont Cripple people, Ive been in dozens of situations like this but I didnt actually have to half kill someone to end it. Im sure that most of the forum know what Im getting it.

Im not sure if they were slagging him off, they were slagging people like him off.

What I say still stands, if they kill someone or disable them, then the death penalty is the only way out.

He shouldn't have stayed on the tram to fight the other 2 guys i know, but what the papers don't tell you is that mr smith knew the 2 guys that were arguing with dave and said to them i'll get off the tram with you see if thers any trouble,

so dave got off the tram and started fighting with the 2 men, mr smith went to join in and dave in a rage because hes fighting hit the man tring to hit him(mr smith), unluckily mr smith fell hard. but hes not the big samaritan hes made out to be

Is that what he told you ? Sorry love but you are going to have to open

your eyes now and see the real world and not believe everything you are

told.

no it's not just what he has said but what his solicitor and witneses have said, he has been very, very truthfull about all of this, to truthfull ,to the point were its hindered him. I don't need to open my eyes any more, I've properly seen more than you can imagine thats why I defend dave because hes not a mindless thug like so many others...

But are the circumstances that important? Violence was commited, a man lost his life, ok he isnt dead but he might as well be.

Tons of people get into violent situations but they dont Cripple people, Ive been in dozens of situations like this but I didnt actually have to half kill someone to end it. Im sure that most of the forum know what Im getting it.

Im not sure if they were slagging him off, they were slagging people like him off.

What I say still stands, if they kill someone or disable them, then the death penalty is the only way out.

then surely you can understand, He didn't intent to "half kill someone" it was 1 punch, a very unlucky punch, if you yourself have been in fights then you must have punched someone and what if they fell and hit there head in a bad way, you would be in the same boat as dave, are you a ruthless thug?

Guest Mod_Man
then surely you can understand, He didn't intent to "half kill someone" it was 1 punch, a very unlucky punch, if you yourself have been in fights then you must have punched someone and what if they fell and hit there head in a bad way, you would be in the same boat as dave, are you a ruthless thug?

I'm not really bothered but didn't this guy stay on the tram so he could fight these guys when they got off? If you go out looking for a fight then you clearly wanted to and expected to hurt someone. It's no use crying because you hurt someone a bit too much. Do the crime, serve the time.

no it's not just what he has said but what his solicitor and witneses have said, he has been very, very truthfull about all of this, to truthfull ,to the point were its hindered him. I don't need to open my eyes any more, I've properly seen more than you can imagine thats why I defend dave because hes not a mindless thug like so many others...

These things do not happen by accident. He's a thug & he deserves to be locked up. I agree it is very sad that your daughter will grow up without her father, but again, that is his fault.

I think Id have enough sense not to get myself into that position in the first place.

I certainly wouldnt hit anyone who was innocently trying to help, and If I DID make a mistake and kill someone? Id tie the noose around my neck and save the hangman a job.

Maybe it WAS accidental, but the fact remains that violence was done and someones life was wrecked, not just your friends but an innocent man and his familys.

Theres usually a way out of scrapping, Ive walked away from thousands and been in hundreds that there was no way out of, but the worst thing that happened was a few lips were split and a few eyes blacked.

If this WAS down to bad luck, then... what can I say? A blokes life is still buggered up and another bloke is in the nick for a long long time. I see that as much more than bad luck.