Does anyone remember the Top Rank

yes i got my clothes from sexy rexys,harringtons,lord anthonys..rupert bear trouses was ok..then i whent on to bay city roller stuff with the tartan and tommy shanta hat with the pompom on the top...we were smart dressed then not like now...i still wear my 70s stuff..people still say i look smart..i tell them its desiner gear..realy its getting on for over 30-40 years old

yes we had some good nights.we called in the sheaf pub down by victoria pub then off to the top rank..they used to look at your shoes for segs..so i painted my black with paint..well i wore oxfords,and loafers..segs was normal then..they played a song when that came on we all started walking about...dont know what it was called tho..

yes i remember top rank, watching boy bands then queing to go backstage, sliding down the escalators into pond street

yes good times you would never leave them handbags even when the boys tried to dance with you

i remember rank sat mornin then sat afternoon then tues then finaly sat nite after crazy daizy ..:roll:

This thread is making me feel nostalgic :) I used to go on Tuesday nights, had to get back on the last bus or I was in trouble.

Someone mentioned the smell of Brut, that brought back some memories too :)

Those were the days.

I wonder why there is nothing like this for under 18's now? My daughter would love it.

I was, Top rank Tuesday nights late 1960s me and my mate won vouchers one tues for doing the ully bully, purchased a pair of black velvet flares from Hornes, anyone remember that shop? so come on all you Teeny Boppers lets hear from you

Used to get into the Rank on Tuesday's Then also got into the grab a granny night on Thursday's was about 18 at the time. Music was great.

Used to get into the Rank on Tuesday's Then also got into the grab a granny night on Thursday's was about 18 at the time. Music was great.

Around 1970 my wife used to work there.She used to work in the haymarket from 9-6pm then at the rank 7-2am on Saturdays.People think 20 hours a week at work is hard now

I used to go to the Rank Tuesdays and Saturdays. Don't know how I got in, because I was still at school around age 15 (made up to the nine's) with my bessie mate who had left school at 14. She was working and subbed me 50p most weeks cos I only got £1 spending money. We went for a s2/6 Wimpy on High Street after we came out before getting a taxi together home. First time we'd ever had a hamburger after seeing them on American cartoons (Pluto?) when they came to UK.

We met some really nice lads at the Top Rank in those days. Even when they'd had a drink they were still nice and polite. My mate met her husband there.

I still see faces I knew from that time walking around Sheffield centre now and again. Also on the buses.

Used to go on Tuesdays and the occasional Saturday mornings. In the 70's during the 3 day week they used to have bands on a Sunday night. Saw Eddie and the hotrods, the members and the Police amongst others. 50p to get in

No, Crazy Daizy was years later. That was further up the High Street and was an austrian beer kellar before it became daizy's.

I think the place I am thinking about was called the Broadway?

That place was 'Down Broadway' -a Peter Stringfellow creation- and was under a shoe shop (Dolcis ?) I seem to recall they didn't open late or even sold alchohol' The 'Crazy Daizy' which came later, was further up High Street under what I think is now a 'Sainsbury's'.

---------- Post added 31-07-2016 at 23:00 ----------

I was, Top rank Tuesday nights late 1960s me and my mate won vouchers one tues for doing the ully bully, purchased a pair of black velvet flares from Hornes, anyone remember that shop? so come on all you Teeny Boppers lets hear from you

'Hornes' was on the corner of Angel Street and King Street' and underground.

Started going to the Rank in the early 70s on Tuesday nights then in the later 70s I saw the likes of AC/DC, Undertones, Elvis Costello, and many more groups good times were had.

Edited by hobinfoot
The wrong use of a word.