Ignorant Drivers on snake pass

Exactly and both extremely low. If I thought my life was in danger I wouldn't do it but I don't. I may take some sort of precaution depending on the situation.

If I couldn't see a knife glistening on the passengers seat I would probably stop. Then stay in the car with doors locked and wind the window down slightly to speak with the distressed person.

Risks for fun/enjoyment are fine but risks for no reason, what is the point?

At the 'risk' :hihi: of the thread spinning off on a tangent, where do you draw the line? What is 'no reason' and how do you define such a thing? Everything has its reason, somewhere along the way.

Can i please point out that this incident happened at 11.05 a.m in the morning. Yes people in broad daylight!!!!!! I could clearly see she was in a state and chances r there wasn't a madman hiding in her car.

Even if it was nighttime it wouldn't have changed matters. Leaving someone hysterical at the roadside is a cowardly act in my book. Imagine how she felt thinking all these motorists don't give a dam. If it was your daughter how would you feel? Chances of getting jumped are one in a million compared to it being a REAL incident. :huh:

TBH i thought this thread would have been a shame on the guys who didn't stop to help but strange how things turn out :confused:

and they should be ashamed. I remember a woman sitting on the kerb by her broken down car near the asda at handsworth. I was going the other way to get on the parkway and head into rotherham. Partly out of curiousity and the fact she was a good looking lass I got to the end of the parkway and came back round. I was right almost half an hour after first seeing her nobody had stopped to offer any help.

I couldn't fix her car but atleast kept her company while we waited for my mate to come (mechanic).

This is just another typical example of todays society, where you can walk past people in the street without even saying hello.

No it isn't, it's exaggerated, how many times do you read of anyone getting tricked in this way compared with those who come to harm in road accidents. It's just a cop out for selfish cowards.

This world is a dangerous place...

Thousands of people are murdered every year.

Millions of people are duped every year. We see how nasty people can be to each other every day. To qoute Bowie we see 'lawmen beating up the wrong guy '

you see me pressing the wrong bloody key before finishing a sentence, sorry I had not completed the previous post.

It is no wonder that most drivers drove past this poor unfortunate woman.

People would really like to help but most of us are only human, we can't all be heroes.

Can i please point out that this incident happened at 11.05 a.m in the morning. Yes people in broad daylight!!!!!! I could clearly see she was in a state and chances r there wasn't a madman hiding in her car.

Even if it was nighttime it wouldn't have changed matters. Leaving someone hysterical at the roadside is a cowardly act in my book. Imagine how she felt thinking all these motorists don't give a dam. If it was your daughter how would you feel? Chances of getting jumped are one in a million compared to it being a REAL incident. :huh:

TBH i thought this thread would have been a shame on the guys who didn't stop to help but strange how things turn out :confused:

Good for you for stopping!

I think you might consider that the people on here are probably not the same people who drove past.

Also: a great many people know nothing about how cars work and see the appropriate tyre-changing tool as the RAC 'Welcome Pack' in the glove box, not the unused jack in the boot: they wouldn't know how to help.

Most who drove past will simply not have recognised a 'problem' that they could alleviate: wrapped up in their own thoughts they see but do not observe.

Those who argue that 'something might happen to me' may consider taking up one of the martial arts so they feel a little less frightened when they come across a distressed female in broad daylight.:)

Good for you for stopping!

I think you might consider that the people on here are probably not the same people who drove past.

Also: a great many people know nothing about how cars work and see the appropriate tyre-changing tool as the RAC 'Welcome Pack' in the glove box, not the unused jack in the boot: they wouldn't know how to help.

Most who drove past will simply not have recognised a 'problem' that they could alleviate: wrapped up in their own thoughts they see but do not observe.

Those who argue that 'something might happen to me' may consider taking up one of the martial arts so they feel a little less frightened when they come across a distressed female in broad daylight.:)

Don't forget there are some of us, over a certain age that would prohibt the benefits of taking up martial arts.

Don't forget there are some of us, over a certain age that would prohibt the benefits of taking up martial arts.

I don't know about that: the kung fu masters I've seen pictures of look positively ancient.:)

You would probably fall into the class of person who one wouldn't normally expect to stop anyway: women, those who know nothing about cars, those with poor English, people who for physical reasons-age/size/disability- would have genuine reason to feel vulnerable.

It is no wonder that most drivers drove past this poor unfortunate woman.

People would really like to help but most of us are only human, we can't all be heroes.

lol even i not that stupid but to detect a hint of sarcasm in that quote. i salute you sir :thumbsup:

I don't know about that: the kung fu masters I've seen pictures of look positively ancient.:)

You would probably fall into the class of person who one wouldn't normally expect to stop anyway: women, those who know nothing about cars, those with poor English, people who for physical reasons-age/size/disability- would have genuine reason to feel vulnerable.

I used to stop,

I have told this story before,

to give lifts to people stood in the rain outside GCHQ bus stop, I lived in Gloucester city but drove to work in Cheltenham each day.

I gave up after 3 attempts, people think your a pervert, simple or a spy there is no, or very little trust left in this world.

You have just proved this by saying your above quote when you know nothing about me but put me into a set category of your own reasoning

=Whatif wewin;2031129]I used to stop,

I have told this story before,

to give lifts to people stood in the rain outside GCHQ bus stop, I lived in Gloucester city but drove to work in Cheltenham each day.

I gave up after 3 attempts, people think your a pervert, simple or a spy there is no, or very little trust left in this world.

You have just proved this by saying your above quote when you know nothing about me but put me into a set category of your own reasoning

You wrote: "Don't forget there are some of us, over a certain age...etc". I know nothing about you it's true; but in my understanding of English that statement includes yourself amongst the old-to-the-point-of-decrepit. My "reasoning" consists of reading what you wrote.

My post was pointing out, to the OP, that, for a fairly large proportion of the populace, stopping would be either pointless as they can't assist, or possibly unwise as they fall into the categories of genuine targets for villainy:- vulnerable looking.

Anyway: the actual statistically probable hazard is causing or suffering a RTA whilst stopping, re-starting, or whilst parked and assisting. The chance of assault or robbery is negligible.