What music are you listening to?

6 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

Hello Wearysmith 

That's a very young Kim Wilde there.

Ian Hunters 'Once bitten twice shy' has to be up there with one of the best songs ever recorded.

Just finished watching all 6 episodes of SAS rogue heroes (BBC1 & iPlayer)

Not quite sure how something set in 1940's North Africa has a backing track from the likes of AC/DC, Sabbath, the Cure, Sham 69, Stranglers, Foghat, Clash, Saxon, Damned, Motorhead etc, etc, etc but it did jog me into digging out some of my old Savoy Brown and Foghat LP's.

Love the early Savoy Brown & Foghat.

Just listening to 'Take it easy' from the excellent 'Looking in' LP.

Savoy Brown - Take It Easy - YouTube 

See the source image

Keep safe 8)

Don't remember Savoy Brown, but I'm familiar with some of Foghat's stuff. Bigger in the States than they were here I believe. Every now and then I see one of theirs has appeared on some prog-rock compilation.

Foghat great band but made it big in the states but for some reason didn't over here. Boogie Motel. .Girls to chat....Energised....great stuff .🤘🤘

Some classy dustbowl Americana.

Martin Simpson's version of '61 Highway/Highway 61 Revisited'. Dunno if Dylan's heard it but I think he'd approve. Sounds like something off the production of 'Girl From The North Country' or the film 'Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?'

N5YsuE9.png

3 hours ago, Mooks said:

Foghat great band but made it big in the states but for some reason didn't over here. Boogie Motel. .Girls to chat....Energised....great stuff .🤘🤘

Spent many happy hours in the light of the radiogram listening to the early Savoy Brown LP's. Not sure about the later Keith Simmonds and Savoy Brown stuff.

Watching, listening to The Who in concert in 1977 . Real music by real musicians. Fantastic 

• Like 1

The Highwaymenr 1990 concert. 

The lavender/extra tracks version of Taylor Swift's new one, 'Midnights'. Only got it Friday so I'm going to have to have a few more plays before I make up my mind.

DlTa3Lf.jpg

4 hours ago, wearysmith said:

ujU3QO3.png

They never bettered this.

This is an amazing album, Martyn Ware wanted to take it out live a few years ago but Phil wouldn't do it, a shame as I'd have loved to have seen it performed on the stage.

Edited by top4718
  • Like 1

Yeah, his voice is all over the place - but the emotion shines through. Gawd bless yer Billy. As poignant now as nearly 40 years ago.

"Go find the young men, never to fight again
Bring up the banners from the days gone by
Sweet moderation, heart of this nation
Desert us not, we are between the wars...."