What music are you listening to?

0CqDU5H.jpg

Made while in lockdown and recovering from COVID.

This is my 4th play-through as I only bought it Sunday.

I get why he felt he had to make the album and there's some very obvious future TV Smith classics on it (the Boris Johnson-inspired 'Send In The Clown', 'Let's Go Back To The Good Old Days', and 'The Lucky Ones'). However, I wish he'd waited and made some of these tracks with a band when things got back to 'normal'. The material feels like it's wanting to rock out and is heavily constrained by its acoustic format. Still, early days.....

soft machine - third

as much i like robert wyatt's drumming style and his  solo album "rock bottom" i could do without  the first 9 minutes of moon in june. reportedly he plays all the instruments during this section (reason being depends on who you listen to and who you believe). 

the quality (for me) begins when ratledge and hopper enter the frey on or around the 9 minute mark. maybe could have been 2 separate tracks. the first 9 minutes is fine, it just belongs on another album.

hugh hopper is a national treasure. 

there is not a guitarist on this album.

On 10/11/2021 at 11:39, wearysmith said:

nothing wrong at all with this wearysmith. nice one!

made me smile while offering an underlying touch of sadness. (reality?)

something about the vocals actually sidetracked me into listening to some beth orton.

not the same musically but still worthy.

beth orton - trailer park

beth orton - central reservation

Currently using Channel 5's series on Friday - Britain's biggest 70s Hits - to raid my vinyl collection to play throughout the weekend.  The programmes contain some classics, but also some middle of the road tripe.

Quite pleased with the musical tastes of my teenage years...Black Sabbath, Led Zep, Bowie, etc.  Thankfully, no Abba, Europop.

Valis I: destruction of syntax. Illbient/ambient/hip hop/downtempo compilation assembled by Bill Laswell.

Larry Miller * Mad Dog* from the unfinished business album ,its the  first song at all my discos ,it gets the feet tapping ready for a good night.

A bit of rough with Neil.

Magazine freebies can be disappointing in so many ways. However, this latest offering from MOJO actually had Neil and his people selecting all tracks for inclusion. Therefore; quality assured.

Grinding guitars with Crazy Horse (while eating a couple of delightful turkey sandwiches).

0YVwfGx.jpg