What music are you listening to?

I've seen bjork three times, tori amos once, and goldfrapp once, when they came to the Union last year.

You? :)

I'm a fan of live music, but probably not the sort that you'd be into.

Out of curiosity, what is it that appeals to you about Bjork/Tori Amos etc? They are quite offbeat artists, and though I'm not really a fan I must admit that I have a lot of respect for their individuality. It seems to be a rare trait in modern music.

That's just it, they're something different.

I think they are so unbelievably talented. Bjork has the most amazing voice I have ever heard, it's so powerful, can show so much emotion, and has such a range. And she sounds even better live! She puts everything into her music, she's always one step ahead, and she's not afraid to be different. I honestly can not understand why everyone is not a fan :P

As for Tori, she is also incredibly talented, especially at the piano. She has songs that could fit into any genre, and she's just such a lovely lovely person. Her voice is just special.

I can't really explain it that well I guess hehe :D

I tend to go in cycles and switch every few months between indie and metal.

At the moment I'm listening to Judas Priest and Jet (I know!!!).

Couldn't really pick any particular band or style as I listen to anything as long as its honest. Including Bjork. I've got Post and Debut and they're great to listen to for a change. Don't think I could survive on them solely though.

Favourite bands I suppose would be...

Oasis

Beatles

Led Zeppelin

Blur

Manic Street Preachers

Queens of the Stone Age

Radiohead

Bob Marley

Black Sabbath

System of a Down

So what's Tori Amos like then?

Don't think I've ever heard anything of her apart from "Cornflake Girl".

I'm a fan of rock music, but I'm starting to mellow in my old age. I used to buy CD's all the time, but last year I think I only bought 4. Having said that, I got the album "Love" by The Cult, and I thought that was amazing. I'd put it on now actually, if it wasn't 1.00 in the morning...

Oooh you need to check out Homogenic if you like bjork! Her best album in my opinion ;)

Tori Amos is a bit of everything to be honest :P She always uses piano in her songs, but she has some really relaxing laid-back music then some mad beat stuff. I'd recommend listening to some of her music, but try a bit from each album if you can, so you get a good mix ;)

Anybody heard any of Lamb's music? Their album What Sound is fantastic, and the new one Between Darkness and Wonder is amazing too :)

Right at this moment I'm listening to Shake the Disease by Depeche Mode.

My usual playlist is:

Depeche Mode

David Bowie

Lou Reed

Tricky

Cunninlynguists

Hot Hot Heat

Peaches

The Strokes

Hip Hop Weiners

Johnny Cash

Nine Inch Nails

Operation Ivy

Sex Pistols

Levellers

Royksopp

Boards of Canada

Radiohead

Muse

Prodigy

Orbital

and remixed Commodore 64 music :D

Diana Krall live in Paris. Fantastic.

Also bought the DVD!

Metallica is on the headphones as I type - fed up of the boss's hip hop crap, so i'm drowning it out with some real music.

sarah you have good taste :)

have you heard much heather nova? she has her moments... bit cheesy in places but good. you may also like delerium, and fru fru... send me a pm and can copy you some :) oh so much music, so little time!