What music are you listening to?

just now,Yes-going for the one album.never get tired of this. Anderson in fine voice,vocal harmonies,

Lazy Suzan-Star Kissed [Power Pop from 1994]

Be Forest-Knocturne [Shoegaze, Post-Punk 2019]

Autodrone-Live At Littlefield [Alternative Rock, Shoegaze 2014] 

Lowtide-Southern Mind [Indie Rock, Shoegaze 2014]

Gang Bang - Black Lace      12" Vinyl [Wag Records - 1986] 

On 04/07/2019 at 14:40, charliewag said:

Rise, the new album from Hollywood Vampires.

Not Like A  Proper Record, lots of demos and live tracks from local bands of the 50s,60's and 70s'.

Examples.. Joe Cocker's Blues Band doing a great version of Saved at the Black Swan(1967), Pete Fender Whole Lotta Shaking- demo(1962). etc etc.

Great stuff if you are from that era and watched the local bands. This CD was free with the  book Not Like A Proper Job.

Edited by Ontarian1981

I had this playing on the landing speaker until the wife turned it off.

On 05/07/2019 at 21:31, Ontarian1981 said:

Not Like A  Proper Record, lots of demos and live tracks from local bands of the 50s,60's and 70s'.

Examples.. Joe Cocker's Blues Band doing a great version of Saved at the Black Swan(1967), Pete Fender Whole Lotta Shaking- demo(1962). etc etc.

Great stuff if you are from that era and watched the local bands. This CD was free with the  book Not Like A Proper Job.

Yeah, I got this with the book too. It IS a marvellous eclectic collection of material from a long gone age. However, the disc is disappointing. Obviously the songs are needle-drops, but nothing's been done to tart them up. Yes, they sound authentic 😀, but the scratches and hiss are distracting and annoying and ruins the listening pleasure on occasions. The software to have made it a 'better' sound has existed for decades now. Seems lazy that nothing was done before copies were issued to the public. One thing Sheffield's NOT short of is qualified sound engineers.

Lady Gagaga's new album, Chromatica.

On first listen, it sounded like she'd just slightly reheated her old songs.

But I've been playing it non-stop for a couple of days, and after doing my head in at first, it's actually starting to grow on me now.

There's a couple of belters on there.  Tracks 6 to 9 are great to play in order:

6. "Fun Tonight"

7. "Chromatica II"

Track 8 segues immediately into Track 9 without skipping a beat; the effect is strikingly good.

edit - See end of this post for an example

8. "911"

9. "Plastic Doll"

So Lady Gagaga is back to her brilliant best, after the disappointing car crash that was 2013's Artpop.

I didn't even bother checking 2016's Joanna, after the earlier trainwreck.

edit - listen to the separate tracks above, and then to this example of how Chromatica II segues immediately into the following track 911:

Edited by The Joker

Lovers of eighties music/bands may be interested in a new album from Johnny Hates Jazz. The video of the title song ‘Spirit of Love’ is being released on their YouTube channel at 12md today.  Currently listening to their 2013 album ‘Magnetized’.

Watching Pink Floyds the wall on DVD, makes modern music pale into insignificance .