What music are you listening to?

It was typical of the day to buy a hits album that was literally that ,an album full of hits not fillers. I think i have the full set of that series great listening .

On 14/01/2022 at 16:57, wearysmith said:

GUd11jh.jpg

7n1XNip.jpg

Like being back in the Silver Blades ice rink.

Some cracking songs in that top 20, Happy days. Think I've got a 'Top of the pops' album with almost the same listings!

3 hours ago, mike-s said:

Some cracking songs in that top 20, Happy days. Think I've got a 'Top of the pops' album with almost the same listings!

I do think that the early 70s was a wonderful time to be a teenager, especially when speaking of popular/chart music. Of course there was dross, but not that much was horrendous.

I would never want to be 'that guy' who says all today's music is crap because obviously that's not true - it just feels that way 😀  . I just hope today's teenagers get as much fun out of their musical era as I did back in mine. 

Alright pop-pickers? Not 'arf!

Camel - Live At The Royal Albert Hall 2018

CAMEL-ICE (Live At The Royal Albert Hall 2018) - YouTube

A band I've been into since the 70's but only discovered this video by pure chance. Hell I thought they'd hung up their guitars years ago! I've now bought the Blu-Ray of this concert and have been in tears ever since. Jeez - music can move me big time. Only Andy Latimer, the founding guitarist, remains but what a band he's assembled around him. The guy who introduces this song and play the keyboards is totally blind!!!

15 hours ago, Victor Meldrew said:

Camel - Live At The Royal Albert Hall 2018

CAMEL-ICE (Live At The Royal Albert Hall 2018) - YouTube

A band I've been into since the 70's but only discovered this video by pure chance. Hell I thought they'd hung up their guitars years ago! I've now bought the Blu-Ray of this concert and have been in tears ever since. Jeez - music can move me big time. Only Andy Latimer, the founding guitarist, remains but what a band he's assembled around him. The guy who introduces this song and play the keyboards is totally blind!!!

I was in a band in Sheffield in the 70s, we used part of Camels 'The snow goose' as the intro to our set. Saw them live a couple of times, really good band.

44 minutes ago, mike-s said:

I was in a band in Sheffield in the 70s, we used part of Camels 'The snow goose' as the intro to our set. Saw them live a couple of times, really good band.

Yeah I saw them a few times back in the day. Can't believe how much footage there is on YouTube though. Spent the whole of yesterday evening watching it all - in tears again 😏  Even found some ropey footage of their BBC 'Sight And Sound In Concert' gig from 77. But then I got diverted onto the marvellous footage of Gentle Giant's 'Free Hand' gig for the BBC. What an amazingly tight and much overlooked band they were.

Edited by Victor Meldrew

Currently as I type, Mike Post's theme to 'Hill Street Blues'

This is a really good hard rock album with a vocalist who sounds like he's channelling a young Ozzy Osbourne. Great stuff.

Having a bit of a psy-trance evening with this classic.