What music are you listening to?

Valis I: destruction of syntax. Illbient/ambient/hip hop/downtempo compilation assembled by Bill Laswell.

Larry Miller * Mad Dog* from the unfinished business album ,its the  first song at all my discos ,it gets the feet tapping ready for a good night.

Kylie's Christmas show, live from the Albert Hall in 2015.

U9TaT75.jpg

II Divo on YouTube.  

A bit of rough with Neil.

Magazine freebies can be disappointing in so many ways. However, this latest offering from MOJO actually had Neil and his people selecting all tracks for inclusion. Therefore; quality assured.

Grinding guitars with Crazy Horse (while eating a couple of delightful turkey sandwiches).

0YVwfGx.jpg

Those of a certain Glam vintage might enjoy this (if you have Spotify). It's an absolute blast. Even if you don't play it, just click on the link and look at the magnificent material included.

By way of an explanation, here's the accompanying text I was sent:

"Guardian journalist Alexis Petridis is active on facebook and just posted below.  Alexis Petridist  9fo11ch5n3i0s88oarh92d

Right, so, because I clearly have nothing better to do with my time, I did this: a Spotify playlist of every British glam rock hit between 1970 and 1975, in chronological order. The rules:

1. Discounted anything that was by an ostensibly glam artist that wasn't audibly glam (a lot of second-wave low glam artists just started making singles that sounded like old rock and roll records eg, Mud's rotten version of Buddy Holly's Oh Boy).
2. Didn't bother with proto-glam stuff eg. Instant Karma!, I Hear You Knocking by Dave Edmunds, Revolution by The Beatles: Ride A White Swan is the starting point.
3. Narrow(ish) definition of glam eg. no bands that emerged in the weird post-glam, pre-punk space of 1975 like Fox or Sailor, much as I adore Fox and Sailor with every fibre of my being.
4. No album tracks that weren't actually hit singles, so no Benny And The Jets, When You Rock And Roll With Me, Sebastian or Tumbling Down by Cockney Rebel etc.
5. I know David Essex isn't really glam but - frankly - f*** off: Rock On is one of the greatest singles ever made and fully glam in intent and Stardust is, I think inadvertently, one of THE great eulogies for the waning of glam.
6. I put it to you that the music on here from 1972 and 1973 unequivocally represents the best British pop music ever made and, quite possibly, the pinnacle of all human achievement.
7. I might expand this list to include album tracks, The New York Dolls, junkshop glam etc. later, but I quite like it as it is: SEVEN AND A HALF HOURS of what would have been blaring out of transistor radios and Top Of The Pops.

Anyway. Happy new year. Low glam forever. xxx "

On 04/01/2022 at 09:37, wearysmith said:

Those of a certain Glam vintage might enjoy this (if you have Spotify). It's an absolute blast. Even if you don't play it, just click on the link and look at the magnificent material included.

By way of an explanation, here's the accompanying text I was sent:

"Guardian journalist Alexis Petridis is active on facebook and just posted below.  Alexis Petridist  9fo11ch5n3i0s88oarh92d

Right, so, because I clearly have nothing better to do with my time, I did this: a Spotify playlist of every British glam rock hit between 1970 and 1975, in chronological order. The rules:

1. Discounted anything that was by an ostensibly glam artist that wasn't audibly glam (a lot of second-wave low glam artists just started making singles that sounded like old rock and roll records eg, Mud's rotten version of Buddy Holly's Oh Boy).
2. Didn't bother with proto-glam stuff eg. Instant Karma!, I Hear You Knocking by Dave Edmunds, Revolution by The Beatles: Ride A White Swan is the starting point.
3. Narrow(ish) definition of glam eg. no bands that emerged in the weird post-glam, pre-punk space of 1975 like Fox or Sailor, much as I adore Fox and Sailor with every fibre of my being.
4. No album tracks that weren't actually hit singles, so no Benny And The Jets, When You Rock And Roll With Me, Sebastian or Tumbling Down by Cockney Rebel etc.
5. I know David Essex isn't really glam but - frankly - f*** off: Rock On is one of the greatest singles ever made and fully glam in intent and Stardust is, I think inadvertently, one of THE great eulogies for the waning of glam.
6. I put it to you that the music on here from 1972 and 1973 unequivocally represents the best British pop music ever made and, quite possibly, the pinnacle of all human achievement.
7. I might expand this list to include album tracks, The New York Dolls, junkshop glam etc. later, but I quite like it as it is: SEVEN AND A HALF HOURS of what would have been blaring out of transistor radios and Top Of The Pops.

Anyway. Happy new year. Low glam forever. xxx "

A shame the paedophile made it into the list - we shouldn't really be listening to anything from Mr Gadd!

Dana Winner

Leona Lewis

Paloma Faith

Matt Monro

All on YouTube 

I just started to listen to Monro during the first covid lock down and he’s got a nice voice, for me he’s a better singer than Frank Sinatra.

16 hours ago, swarfendor437 said:

A shame the paedophile made it into the list - we shouldn't really be listening to anything from Mr Gadd!

Try and see Glamned on at a club near you soon, covid permitting 

16 hours ago, swarfendor437 said:

Against my better judgement I played a request by the Bar Staff of a local club at New Years Eve for a Gxxx Gxxxxx tune, no one seems to care anymore although I only introduced the title ,forgot to say who was singing it, just in case it kicked off.

Loved GG's material when I was a kid. Fun stuff which we all dug in class - boys & girls alike. Hated his crimes, naturally, but his music I retain a nostalgic affection for. 

That is not to say I think his crimes are forgivable.