What music are you listening to?

2 hours ago, zoco said:

It was a Lamborghini Muira,( chassis number 3586 and still in existence owned by someone in Liechenstein apparently) otherwise totally agree with you.

I always thought it was a Ferrari.  Cheers. 

Just had a look on the Internet.  Check this out. 

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/classic/lamborghini-miura-italian-job-has-been-found

Edited by Baron99

I was watching a documentary on the 'new wave' scene that exploded around New York in the mid 1970s. Fascinating watch.

On the back of this been listening to Television's debut album 'Marquee Moon' a great deal, and also searching out some early Blondie and Talking Heads stuff on You Tube.

20 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Agree.  I like the theme from the 'Italian Job', a great song, 'On Days Like These'. 

I know there's a few versions on YouTube, including a opening credits to the film. It's such a cool video with the guy driving a Ferrari up in northern Italy. 

I watched it on YouTube another lovely song by Monro.  

I certainly wouldn’t remain cool what ever car I was driving over those mountains, I’d have panic attacks.

Narrow Head-12th House Rock CD

Mumrunner-Full Blossom CD

Weezer-Weezer LP

The Danse Society-40 Years Of Danse CD

Veruca Salt-American Thighs LP

image.png

Anderson Rabin & Wakeman, 'Live At The Apollo' (in Manchester). Lively run-through of some marvellous Yes songs. Rabin injects some much needed freshness into the older material.

Apache by the Shadows on YouTube and other music by them.  They know how to play a guitar.

I’m not, nor ever have been, a ‘disco’ type of chap. I was always a GLAM  and, later, a PUNK music supporter.

However, inspired by a thread on another music forum, I’ve recently been listening to:

George McCrae - It’s Been So Long
K C & the Sunshine Band - Get Down Tonight
Lipps Inc - Funky Town
Donna Summer - I Feel Love
Blondie - Heart Of Glass
Van Mccoy - The Hustle
Bee Gees - Stayin’ Alive
Kiss - I Was Made For Lovin’ You
The Trammps - Hold Back The Night
K C & the Sunshine Band - That’s The Way

Disco certainly has its classics and these 10 are the cream.

Today?

Both "Truth" and "Beck-ola" albums by the Jeff Beck Group, and "Long road out of Eden", Eagles....

The Monkees "Daydream Believer"

Its a track featured in a game I have been playing!

On 06/02/2021 at 17:34, wearysmith said:

image.png

Anderson Rabin & Wakeman, 'Live At The Apollo' (in Manchester). Lively run-through of some marvellous Yes songs. Rabin injects some much needed freshness into the older material.

Forgot to respond. As a teenager I was introduced to 'Yes' by my  much elder sister. Fortunately for me (and unfortunate for her fiance who had to attend a presentation at the University where he got his degree) I was able to see the original line up at the Free Trade Hall i Manchester. The music was absolutely brilliant loud but not so loud that you had to walk out as we had to a few years later when we all went to watch Uriah Heap at the same venue. We had to leave after 20 minutes, the pyramids of 15 speakers on either side of the stage penetrating our gut after a heavy meal (enough information on that!). When we walked out we were 'deafened' by the silence. Always been a fan of Jon and Vangelis. But I wanted to go down a different route from Yes and that's how I started on my journey with Genesis, beginning with 'And then there were three ...' and working my way backwards to the early stuff when Peter Gabriel was lead singer. In those days I had a PrinzSound Radio Cassette player so most of the Genesis collection on Audio Cassette including The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway and being a very long Cassette eventually started to lose it's tracking. I recently purchased the Vinyl version but still waiting to unwrap it. Not long after my Dad died I purchased the DVD of Yes appearing in a California location - Superb as always.

Edited by swarfendor437

One Day Like This,  by Elbow

It’s a lovely song