What music are you listening to?

1 hour ago, despritdan said:

I've just finished listening to all the Rolling Stones' studio albums in chronological order on Youtube, one every morning after breakfast. I was surprised at how good a musician Brian Jones was as I'd always thought of him as a bit of a poser who knew a few basic chords. I still think Mick Taylor was their best guitarist though and wish he'd stayed with them for longer.

I did something very similar in February. I played a live Stones album per day. Not on youtube though. From those in my own collection, either in the car, on the home system or on the ipod while dog-walking, going to work etc.

The great thing about the Stones is they have A LOT of live material out there. I only deviated if it was a double CD. When that was the case I'd play it over two days.

The Mick Taylor years were definitely their finest. Nothing against Ron Wood, but he's too similar to Keef. Jones was marvellous too, but the late 60s/early 70s material was their best/most ground-breaking IMHO.

57 minutes ago, wearysmith said:

I did something very similar in February. I played a live Stones album per day. Not on youtube though. From those in my own collection, either in the car, on the home system or on the ipod while dog-walking, going to work etc.

The great thing about the Stones is they have A LOT of live material out there. I only deviated if it was a double CD. When that was the case I'd play it over two days.

The Mick Taylor years were definitely their finest. Nothing against Ron Wood, but he's too similar to Keef. Jones was marvellous too, but the late 60s/early 70s material was their best/most ground-breaking IMHO.

Recently watched the Stones, sweet summer sun, Hyde park concert on sky arts, not been a great stones fan but their sound is brilliant,  only thing is Jagger poncing & skipping about like a big fairy, fit though he is for his age I can imagine the other band members thinking "he's off again!"🎸🙄😅

I'm currently chilling out to the Lord of The Rings (Calm Ambient Mix by Syneptic) on Youtube, which takes the LOTR movie soundtrack, cherrypicks bits of it and seamlessly mixes them into an hour of super relaxing music.

19 hours ago, pintor said:

Recently watched the Stones, sweet summer sun, Hyde park concert on sky arts, not been a great stones fan but their sound is brilliant,  only thing is Jagger poncing & skipping about like a big fairy, fit though he is for his age I can imagine the other band members thinking "he's off again!"🎸🙄😅

These days he's just a pantomime figure. All the gurning doesn't help his cause. Thing is, you go see the Stones, that's what you'd expect to see. You'd feel short-changed if he did act his age.

4 hours ago, wearysmith said:

These days he's just a pantomime figure. All the gurning doesn't help his cause. Thing is, you go see the Stones, that's what you'd expect to see. You'd feel short-changed if he did act his age.

Agree 1000%, I was thinking that whilst watching,  he's annoying but without him its not the stones

Matt Monro on YouTube.  I didn’t realise how talented he was.  He has sang some lovely songs in the past.  

Lindisfarne's 'Magic In The Air'. Perfect for this weather/time of year.

Just got hold of *The Great Milenko* by Insane Clown Posse a remastered expanded reissue of the 1989-classic ,not played the original for years but enjoying this new to me version.

4 hours ago, hauxwell said:

Matt Monro on YouTube.  I didn’t realise how talented he was.  He has sang some lovely songs in the past.  

Agree.  I like the theme from the 'Italian Job', a great song, 'On Days Like These'. 

I know there's a few versions on YouTube, including a opening credits to the film. It's such a cool video with the guy driving a Ferrari up in northern Italy. 

Edited by Baron99

6 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Agree.  I like the theme from the 'Italian Job', a great song, 'On Days Like These'. 

I know there's a few versions on YouTube, including a opening credits to the film. It's such a cool video with the guy driving a Ferrari up in northern Italy. 

It was a Lamborghini Muira,( chassis number 3586 and still in existence owned by someone in Liechenstein apparently) otherwise totally agree with you.