What music are you listening to?

3 hours ago, wearysmith said:

As good as 'Drive On' was, I prefer 'Shouting And Pointing'.  Such a shame that they only managed 2 LPs. The British Lions, as interesting as they were, were a step down. Next stop; obscurity. 

I'm having an early Quo day; Gentleman Joe's Sidewalk Cafe, Gerdundula, Ice In The Sun, Dustpipe, Mean Girl..... Great songs that are often forgotten.

Each to his own - Drive on -  to - Shouting & pointing for me.

& yes British Lions trying too hard for main stream pop - shame, got the looks got the talent but what went wrong?

Quo - Even Paper plane - often gets overlooked.

Keep safe.

Rock on.

I had a Be Bop De-luxe day yesterday.

Come on, there can't be many of us that didn't have a copy of 'Axe Victim'

I always find it hard to put Be Bop De-luxe into a particular music category. 

The different styles of music going on often in the same song is confusing at times.

Its not unusual to hear shades of Bowie or even T Rex making there way into some of their numbers (for no reason).

Excellent mix of some very nice guitar and Synth throughout but while some of their numbers were on the 'Heavy' side some (especially the later stuff) were just too 'pop'(y).

Keep safe  

Enjoy.

8 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

I had a Be Bop De-luxe day yesterday.

Come on, there can't be many of us that didn't have a copy of 'Axe Victim'

I always find it hard to put Be Bop De-luxe into a particular music category. 

The different styles of music going on often in the same song is confusing at times.

Its not unusual to hear shades of Bowie or even T Rex making there way into some of their numbers (for no reason).

Excellent mix of some very nice guitar and Synth throughout but while some of their numbers were on the 'Heavy' side some (especially the later stuff) were just too 'pop'(y).

Keep safe  

Enjoy.

Richard Strange, once of the Doctors Of Madness, has a weekly radio show on Soundcloud. They supported Be-Bop in '75 (or '76) and Strange has remained friends with Bill Nelson through the years. Last week he played one of Bill's ambient tracks. It was dire. Why the man ever put his rock-roots aside to whither and turn to this tripe is one of the music business' unsolvable mysteries. I want the old Bill back and it ain't never gonna happen. Such a waste. 'Maid In Heaven', 'Blazing Apostles', 'Fair Exchange', 'Panic In The World', 'Life In The Air Age', 'Sleep that Burns'...... These were all staples in the Penthouse/Rebels, Improvisions, the Wap, the Nelson. Everybody knew them. 

All I can imagine is he doesn't need money and doesn't have anyone close enough to him to say "Bill, this is rubbish. You need to rock-out man!"

Edited by wearysmith

never really a fan but alan freeman played Blazing Apostles' on the last saturday rock show and i really enjoyed it. 

I've had an early morning blast of 'Elvis Hitler' just for old times sake.

Excellent raw Guitar, Drums & Vocals.

'Live Fast, Die Young & Leave a Beautiful Corpse'

A couple of Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass 'best of' collections.

It's a shame that so many of his 60s albums haven't been reissued on CD. My collection sounds 'loved'. Translation: crackly and perhaps overused.  But then they would be. They're originals from the 60s.

New one to me John Lennon Gimme some truth never that much of a solo fan but as a big Beatles fan decided to give it a go, stand out track is a cover of Ben E Kings stand by me .Had it on loop while I was boarding the loft out .

I've just finished listening to all the Rolling Stones' studio albums in chronological order on Youtube, one every morning after breakfast. I was surprised at how good a musician Brian Jones was as I'd always thought of him as a bit of a poser who knew a few basic chords. I still think Mick Taylor was their best guitarist though and wish he'd stayed with them for longer.