What music are you listening to?

Well the CD players still not working in't garage so apart from 'Pop Master' i'm still listening to what ever cassettes i can find.

Just come across a load of bootleg 'Cramps' tapes i bought years ago.

Some of the quality is dire but they still have the magic of a live Cramps concerts.

RIP - Lux.

Rock on.

It's Saturday morning so it has to be Tony Blackburn 'sounds of the 60's'

What better way t' start the day?

2 hours timewarped with no Gangster rap - bliss

A bit of a mix for me yesterday - Mountain Climbing first, which led to a couple of Leslie West's albums, and then the Roy Young Band.

Oh..just remembered..the day before, a quick play of Procul Harum's "A Salty Dog"...

Edited by RiffRaff

3 hours ago, wearysmith said:

See the source image

Good choice, shades of 'Here come the warm jets' and of where Eno was going to take his music all on one album.

Happy daze sat in front of my old Ferguson stereogram with a warm Blonde (still got both - LOL)

Just finished playing the new release of an old album from Bobbie Gentry The Delta Sweetie ,very disappointed with it, one disc is a remixed version of the second disc which is the 1960s original mono record, both discs have bonus tracks added .

I found it boring and a waste of fourteen pounds i bought it after reading a rave revue in a daily news paper.

9 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

Good choice, shades of 'Here come the warm jets' and of where Eno was going to take his music all on one album.

Happy daze sat in front of my old Ferguson stereogram with a warm Blonde (still got both - LOL)

I think we all need more details of the warm blonde.😄

20 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

I've been playing the 'Low' album a lot recently and this always seems like a sister album to it (even though it came out slightly earlier). The first three or four Eno albums were wonderful. His solo stuff since - to me - is patchy. The ambient material has its place, but I prefer his work when he sings.

Love his work with James and U2 though.

10 hours ago, choogling said:

Just finished playing the new release of an old album from Bobbie Gentry The Delta Sweetie ,very disappointed with it, one disc is a remixed version of the second disc which is the 1960s original mono record, both discs have bonus tracks added .

I found it boring and a waste of fourteen pounds i bought it after reading a rave revue in a daily news paper.

I think we all need more details of the warm blonde.😄

All i'm prepared to say is Both the 1957 Ferguson & the Blonde are still in great shape - LOL

2 minutes ago, wearysmith said:

I've been playing the 'Low' album a lot recently and this always seems like a sister album to it (even though it came out slightly earlier). The first three or four Eno albums were wonderful. His solo stuff since - to me - is patchy. The ambient material has its place, but I prefer his work when he sings.

Love his work with James and U2 though.

My Brother is a big fan of All of the ambient stuff (probably spends too much time in lifts  and restaurants lol).

Any way back to the Ferguson and the Blonde come to that. 

Both never cease to amaze me (see what i did there), the tone on the Ferguson (Garrard deck) is something that really captures the best out of playing Vinyl.  I hate the word 'Vinyl' - we never went out and bought 'Vinyl (unless you were going to lay it on the kitchen floor that is) we went out and bought 'Records',  

https://www.lotsroad.com/lot-details/63772/ferguson-658-rg-radiogram

My Ferguson differs from the one in the link in that the Radio is set in the drop down draw and the lp storage area is where the radio is on this model. The cabinet is rather darker on mine and is not only a great Record player but a nice piece of furniture as well.

Just playing Jerry Lee Lewis  'Murcury years' collection at the moment on it.

Stay safe and Rock on.

Some of the CDs that accompanied the 'Nashville' TV series from a few years ago. 'New' Country, with clever production values. The sonics are full and expansive on my headphones. All-encompassing at times. Feels like you're in the studio with them. 

I had a Mott the Hoople day yesterday, well mostly a Mott day.

the 'Drive on ' Lp has got to be up there with with one of the best LP's of all times with it's mix of heavy and melodic numbers on it.

Choosing a fav track would be so hard because they are all good in their own right.

Fav Mott the Hoople / Ian Hunter number for me has to be 'Once bitten twice shy' - Luv it.

2 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

I had a Mott the Hoople day yesterday, well mostly a Mott day.

the 'Drive on ' Lp has got to be up there with with one of the best LP's of all times with it's mix of heavy and melodic numbers on it.

Choosing a fav track would be so hard because they are all good in their own right.

Fav Mott the Hoople / Ian Hunter number for me has to be 'Once bitten twice shy' - Luv it.

As good as 'Drive On' was, I prefer 'Shouting And Pointing'.  Such a shame that they only managed 2 LPs. The British Lions, as interesting as they were, were a step down. Next stop; obscurity. 

I'm having an early Quo day; Gentleman Joe's Sidewalk Cafe, Gerdundula, Ice In The Sun, Dustpipe, Mean Girl..... Great songs that are often forgotten.