What music are you listening to?

Been on a nostalgia trip today back to the seventies playing the excellent  album from Badfinger * Magic Christian Music*  strange title for a great rock album guaranteed to put most rock fans off buying it .The album kicks off  with the world wide smash hit Come and get it  the b side of this one was the number 7 track on here Rock of all ages, quite a varied selection of material the heavier side of Paul McCartney's influence is never far away  .The band were the first non Beatle artists on the Apple label but were hit with many tragedies after the Apple label was wound up ,including suicides. They never recovered which was a shame as the band showed great promise  ,well worth a listen  ,as with most albums a few padding out tracks but some real jems  if you like a good harmony rock band this is for you.  

15 hours ago, wearysmith said:

Oh wow! Wish these babies were available. Gotta have the Bo Diddley one. Guy's seriously missing out on coin here.

https://dangerousminds.net/comments/your_favorite_rock_n_roll_country_and_rb_legends_as_marionettes

WOW is the only thing I can say.

I'll have one of each.

Love the Jerry Lee Lewis with the piano stool tipped over - excellent

Nice to see Sister Rosetta in there and the Johnny Cash is so darn SPOOKY its almost SCARY.

You do know i'm gona have to get my Sister Rosetta Tharpe CD out now.

Thanks for sharing  Weary.

Edited by Rockers rule
additional info

The lockdown has some wonderful side effects,  for me anyway. While  members of the family were watching endless reality tv none sense. I put my headphones on and sat like a sulky teenager listening to my favourite sublime rock.Music I listened to as a teenage brought back memories of rebellion, and music I had heard but, not listened to as an older woman.Here goes

Canned Heat

Creedence Clearwater Revival 

Emerson Lake and Palmer

King Crimson

Pink Floyd

Cream

Deep Purple

Led Zeppelin

Incubus

Faith No More

Tool

Oasis

Verve

the Cure

the Cult

Rush

Mike Oldfield

Genesis

Arctic Monkeys

Metallica

Korn

Reverend and the Makers

Royal Blood

Black Sabbath

Pantera

ACDC

Stranglers

Sex Pistols

Journey 

Eagles

Fleetwood Mac

Lynryd Skynryd

Boston

Paul Weller

Peter Green

Dire Straits

Slipknot

Phew 

Two arrived yesterday (bought with Amazon vouchers the beloved got me for my b-day)

Both very interesting.

First up, a 'best of' by The Tourists. In many ways I preferred Ann & Dave's pre-Eurythmic band to their latter work. Not so polished production, more earthy and 'real', and some seriously wonderful singles; 'Blind Among The Flowers', 'Loneliest Man In The World', 'So Good To Be Back Home' and, of course, their cover of 'I Only Want To Be With You'. 

Since the passing of Peet Coombes there can never be a Tourists reunion and it's tragic that these wonderful songs remain unsung.

T'other one's the new Dixie Chicks CD 'Gaslighter'. 

Erm…… On first listening I'm not sure about it. Don't get me wrong, big fan of their work, but this seems to be an entire album where Natalie Maines vents about how her ex done-her-wrong. 'Course, we're adults. We get the bitterness/anger/disillusionment/hurt, but an entire album? It's hard work Nat.

To be fair the other two lasses could have reeled her in, but didn't. As much as I'm down with the sisterhood I think it'll be a while till I play this again any time soon.

(Although the name change to simply The Chicks was over a month back, my Amazon copy still has Dixie Chicks on the cover even though the pic of the sleeve on Amazon shows The Chicks. I've obviously got an old-stock copy). 

Edited by wearysmith

A buddy sent me this most chucklesome link.

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2019/02/07/hilariously-cringeworthy-metal-band-photos/

After a morning's worth of mirth, one of the lads decided to check out a few online. He sent us this clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y70fTOQrDxU

Know what? I have genuinely heard worse. It ticks all the rock-boxes for those who like that kind of thing; widdly guitar, pounding drums, screaming/posturing, a 'nah-nah' vocal catch.... It basically does what it says on the tin. I'm downloading it as we speak....

Been playing the Mojo Blues Band -Blues Parade 2000  first class double boogie woogie blues album, never heard them before well worth a listen. Nice laid back style great for late night listening. 

Got Dr.Wu playing now, some great rock  covers live recording from billy bobs 81 club Texas .

Two very different tracks; Maxine Nightingale's 'Get Right Back To Where I Started From' and Styx's 'Renegade'.

Gotta love the 'shuffle' option on the ipod.

Last night was a US / Canadian hardcore punk session while on the cider, today it was two tone and reggae / ska punk, im back on the cider now so who knows

1 hour ago, CaptainSwing said:

It's a long time since I had my finger on the pulse, but I just stumbled across the latest Wire album Mind Hive, which is really very good.

Just downloaded the album from the first two tracks it reminds me of The pixies from the eighties I'm going to keep it on for a few days could be a keeper, thanks for posting.