What music are you listening to?

Been playing " A tribute to David Bowie" a great bunch of covers put together by Howard Stern .It needs a couple of plays to get used to the different interpretations of classic bowie tracks ,but well worth a listen.

Just been catching up with 'Stray' never actually saw them in concert but funny story, we'd been shopping at tesco's on Ecclesall road many moons ago probably 1977/78 and we either got a free Lp at the check out or our young son had put it in the trolley - who knows? but if it was him he was showing he'd good choice for his age - LOL (Stray stand up and be counted 1975)

Anyway  had a  dabble on you tube today and regressed back in time for a while - Happy Daze.

3 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

Just been catching up with 'Stray' never actually saw them in concert but funny story, we'd been shopping at tesco's on Ecclesall road many moons ago probably 1977/78 and we either got a free Lp at the check out or our young son had put it in the trolley - who knows? but if it was him he was showing he'd good choice for his age - LOL (Stray stand up and be counted 1975)

Anyway  had a  dabble on you tube today and regressed back in time for a while - Happy Daze.

As a youth in West London, Stray was my local band. Saw them perform many times at the Marquee in Wardour Street. Their eponymous first album is still a favourite of mine. This week, though, I'm listening to a lot of Xoki and Hieronymus.

3 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

Was lucky enough to see Stray a couple of times at the Improvisions club on Arundel Gate. The jock there was a big fan of their One Night In Texas single and played it often.

Good crowd for both gigs. I’m thinking I ought to get myself a ‘best of’.

12 hours ago, wearysmith said:

Was lucky enough to see Stray a couple of times at the Improvisions club on Arundel Gate. The jock there was a big fan of their One Night In Texas single and played it often.

Good crowd for both gigs. I’m thinking I ought to get myself a ‘best of’.

I'm still catching up with the Stray back catalogue in the back ground as I write this.

We were still doing the whole Teddy Boy thing back then (still am lol).

Big old British cars, Ted suits, and R 'N' R weekenders. etc

but still more into the heavy stuff rather than chart stuff hence I (we) could appreciate that Stray LP.

I think it goes down to if you hear good music you know & appreciate it.

We didn't pay for any of the concerts we saw at the City Hall (but that's a different story) and it was because of that we found just who could play and those who couldn't string two notes together.

I've said it before I would at that time never have gone to see Roxy Music but in concert they were about as good as you could get away from a recording studio.

I Never enjoyed any of the Black Sabbath concerts for some reason I can never explain but really enjoyed the stage presence of Alex Harvey, Mott the Hoople etc. 

Keep safe

Keep the music live

Rock 'n' Roll a way of life. but yer can't buy Zephyrs for £40 any more -   :cry:

6 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

I'm still catching up with the Stray back catalogue in the back ground as I write this.

We were still doing the whole Teddy Boy thing back then (still am lol).

Big old British cars, Ted suits, and R 'N' R weekenders. etc

but still more into the heavy stuff rather than chart stuff hence I (we) could appreciate that Stray LP.

I think it goes down to if you hear good music you know & appreciate it.

We didn't pay for any of the concerts we saw at the City Hall (but that's a different story) and it was because of that we found just who could play and those who couldn't string two notes together.

I've said it before I would at that time never have gone to see Roxy Music but in concert they were about as good as you could get away from a recording studio.

I Never enjoyed any of the Black Sabbath concerts for some reason I can never explain but really enjoyed the stage presence of Alex Harvey, Mott the Hoople etc. 

Keep safe

Keep the music live

Rock 'n' Roll a way of life. but yer can't buy Zephyrs for £40 any more -   :cry:

My granddad blamed the Teddy Boys for vandalising his allotment in Attercliffe.

This was in 1978...

4 hours ago, wearysmith said:

My granddad blamed the Teddy Boys for vandalising his allotment in Attercliffe.

This was in 1978...

Wern't me Officer.

I was somewhere else, Honest.

Enjoying a tribute album* John Prine in Memorial* not my usual type of music but well worth the effort ,I have been previewing the back catalogue of twenty three Uriah Heep albums *Demons and Wizards* is the stand out one so far.

A mate Dropbox'd me this yesterday. Will be playing it very shortly. Looks a very interesting set list.

DAVID BOWIE ‘OUVREZ LE CHIEN (LIVE DALLAS ‘95)’

"Look Back in Anger"

"The Hearts Filthy Lesson"

"The Voyeur of Utter Destruction (as Beauty)"

"I Have Not Been to Oxford Town"

"Outside"

"Andy Warhol"

"Breaking Glass"

"The Man Who Sold the World"

"We Prick You"

"I'm Deranged"

"Joe the Lion"

"Nite Flights"

"Under Pressure"

"Teenage Wildlife"

Bonus tracks:

"Moonage Daydream"

"Under Pressure"

16 hours ago, choogling said:

Enjoying a tribute album* John Prine in Memorial* not my usual type of music but well worth the effort ,I have been previewing the back catalogue of twenty three Uriah Heep albums *Demons and Wizards* is the stand out one so far.

Like a LOT of Heep, but I may be unusual amongst their fan-base in as much as I couldn't get my head around Byron's voice. Too much of a generic/run-of-the-mill 70s vocal delivery for me. Powerful, yes, but ordinary. Only couple of his albums I like are Return To Fantasy and High 'N' Mighty. 

Far better are Firefly, Abominog, Conquest, Wake The Sleeper and Innocent Victim. A band VERY fortunate to have so many excellent vocalists pass through their ranks.

Saw them at the City Hall on their Firefly tour. Fantastic night.

Must have missed this one.

Watched - Velvet Goldmine the other day.

Never heard of it before and almost straight away quite a bit of Eno, Roxy, Ferry plus T Rex etc, etc, etc.

Not sure about the film itself but certainly captured something of the era.