What music are you listening to?

A mate's Dropbox'd me a copy of Nazareth's 'Rampant' album. It's a remastered version and beats my old battered vinyl copy to the ground. The first track, 'Silver Dollar Forger' is still one of the best opening tracks I've ever heard on any album by any band.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Nazareth+'rampant'+album+-+you+tube&docid=608043197087615919&mid=732AED904F0E7303D431732AED904F0E7303D431&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

Having got hooked into The Midnight I have fallen in to New Retro Wave Mode. YOTA, swedish lady living in Paris latest album I downloaded from Brandcamp:

https://newretrowave.bandcamp.com/album/hazy-paradise

a3638372799_16.jpg

Scroll to the bottom of the page and select the play button at the side of each track to listen. 😁

Edited by swarfendor437

Reassessing a few old Rolling Stones albums. Decided to play a Stones album a day throughout June.

Previous two days has been 'Live Licks' Disc 2 (Sunday),  and 'It's Only Rock & Roll (yesterday). Today has been the 2nd disc of the recent 'Get Your Ya-Ya's Out' set. Not decided about tomorrow's yet. I'm tempted to go for one of the 'Philadelphia Special discs, or maybe 'Metamorphosis'. 

I'll decide when I wake up 😀

I rec'd an email from Richard 'Kid' Strange earlier today about a Soundcloud show he's done. Fascinating listening. Interesting choices - very Doctors of Madness heavy, as you’d imagine - but loving the anecdotes and insights. So laid back. More Radio 4 than Planet Rock. He doesn't so much name-drop as expand to the public his interactions with the people he's been fortunate enough to work with.

Click the link at the bottom for an entertaining, informative, hour.

Announcing Dark Times Radio.

0?ui=2&ik=e4174d7929&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-a:r4005657757072647812&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ9GsyGKx3rG1xlR_y-4UacTsb-IVFwokbvpsvLltZN0DdSWAo1LDNhq0zKvR6ffiasZWmJLC-huSjiSu3IgVwPRXWYEkpDdZZ_U2uqJdhbcjrU-BwELw-AjmK0&disp=emb&realattid=172c290a02b68f70ffe1
An occasional journey through music I have written,
co-written, performed on, produced or been inspired by.
Your requests, comments and feedback are invited.
One show a week for the foreseeable future. Free.
Enjoy ...and please spread the word.
Richard Strange
PFHEA

Edited by wearysmith

Candy Dulfer Not bad for a 51 yr old

A Live Aid dvd from 2005 and my newly bought Chuck Berry cd

Echodrone-The Sun Rose In A Different Place

Mumrunner-Valeriana

Slow Crush-Aurora

Slowly-Reveal

An endless stream of early 90s grunge and alternative rock on some German radio station I've found online. Getting me through my working day nicely.

Been cranking up the K C & the Sunshine Band 'best of' these past few days. Musically, it certainly suits this current weather. Lovin’ that horn sound. It loses traction by becoming slightly samey by track 16 but most are genuine disco-era classics.

The version of Queen Of Clubs here sounds a bit murky/muddy and I wonder at the source, but the rest are wonderful.
‘Please Don’t Go’ is one of the best/saddest love songs written by anyone, ever.

Image result for K C & the Sunshine Band 'best o'f
Edited by wearysmith