What music are you listening to?

Gary Clark Jr.

'Blak and Blu' album and 'The Story of Sonny Boy Slim' album recently purchased from HMV.

I only discovered him by watching Luke Cage Season 2 on Netflix playing 'If money were trouble' and 'Bright Lights'* (*on 'Blak and Blu' album.)

Edited by swarfendor43

is coming!

After watching this I thought it would be on the Blak and Blu album - it isn't - I will have to check his back catalog[ue]! :cool:

---------- Post added 23-08-2018 at 20:08 ----------

Another album recently purchased from HMV - the very best of Clannad (2007)

A couple of Roger Taylor solo songs that I think are quite good.

I Wanna Testify

Future Management

Black keys el camino

Joe bonamassa the ballad of John Henry.

Cloakroom-Time Well

Crescendo-Lost Thoughts

Dead Leaf Echo-Beyond Desire

Glorious Din-Closely Watched Trains

Kindling-Hush

found forgotten gem, from the Frank Zappa album freak out -Trouble Every Day great song, the rest of the album sucks.

Listened to the whole of Beatles Rubber Soul - what an amazing album, hardly sounds dated.

Planet X - Moonbabies (Derek Sherinian from Dream Theater and his mates, pretty much in the same vein as Liquid Tension Experiment and so on)

Elis - Dark clouds in a perfect sky (there probably aren't many symphonic goth metal bands from Liechtenstein, but this is one. Not bad)

Steven Wilson - Hand. Cannot. Erase. (superior prog from Porcupine Tree main man - excellent)

Under Heaven - Nocturnes for the divine & the damned (Toronto-based duo of Matthew Binks who played all the instruments, with Tammy Everett on vocals. Apparently Binks wanted to incorporate elements of Celtic folk, industrial, and various other styles into a basic Nightwish/Evanescence style prog metal format and as you might expect the end result is a bit of a mess but it had its moments. They seem to have ceased operations just after its release in 2015 though.)

Toshiko Yonekawa II - Koto music from Japan (I really like this but I'm not sure anybody else would. In any case it seems to be an album so obscure that I can't find any trace of it on the web)

Gazpacho- March of ghosts (more prog. OK but I felt it was a bit one-paced and that pace was a bit slow perhaps)