What music are you listening to?

I thought so. I quite some Genesis songs. Like Land of Confusion and Invisible Touch. I also like ' Easy Lover ', the song Phil Collins did with someone else.

I think Phil Collins was joined by the lead singer of Earth Wind and Fire on Easy Lover, can't remember the name. Or was it Stevie Wonder?

I think Phil Collins was joined by the lead singer of Earth Wind and Fire on Easy Lover, can't remember the name. Or was it Stevie Wonder?

Phil Bailey?

Elliott Sharp - The velocity of hue (acoustic guitar improvisations)

The Atomic Bitchwax - Spit blood (stoner rock on the delightfully named I used to F*** People Like You in Prison label)

Q-project - Renaissance man (drum & bass on the Hospital label)

New albums from

Peter and the test tube babies (That shallot)

Jah Wobble (The lago years)

Prophets of rage (Prophets of rage)

Edited by melthebell

The Death of a King, new album by Reverend and the Makers. Very good it is too.

I used to be a big fan of REM, in my late teens. My favourite albums being, Automatic For The People, Out of Time, and Monster. I even had the guitar books for the first two. I find, as someone who has suffered with depression, there music doesn't really help.

Had a few sparring sessions with depression myself so I'm not pointing any fingers. When I find myself slipping I dig out the joyous sounds of Simon & Garfunkel, The Bangles, Voice Of The Beehive or The Byrds. They (and the meds) usually stop me getting in too deep.

Not overly enamoured of the R.E.M. albums you mentioned. I'd gone off them a tad by then. I prefer Murmur, Green and Fables Of The Reconstruction. That said, there were some powerful singles on Out Of Time. Might dig that out for a reassessment.

Loads of ska music (both original and contemporary) as i put together a ska show for saturday nights radio show

BeeGees.....

Me too! :D With the odd Justin Timberlake and Bruno Mars track thrown in, lol