A personal touch: Advice for a knitted present

She's a very forceful woman - take someone with you if you can :rolleyes:

before 1 on a saturday :huh:

Get your lazy arse (and the rest of you) out of bed before midday and off to the Wool Baa. Stop trying to weasel out of it :P .

In my opinion I agree with Hecate that a scarf would be a fantastic first project rather than a garment as you could seriously underestimate the time it would take you to make a garment and the challenges involved in it could be very off putting. However, if you're the kind of person that enjoys a challenge then I don't see why you couldn't try a hat.

I think a garment may well be too time consuming, but the bear would be a good first project. The benefit of knitting a toy is that it doesn't matter how wonky your sewing up is or if you drop the odd stitch here or there. This thread on another forum was from a guy who was knittng a bear as his first project, so shows that it can be done!

before 1 on a saturday :huh:

LOL - OK, if that's too much for you I am there from 1 - 6.30 Next Tuesday.

(Daughter visiting so not around from Sat lunch to Tues lunch).

Get your lazy arse (and the rest of you) out of bed before midday and off to the Wool Baa. Stop trying to weasel out of it :P .

ok saturday it is! but i only want a sleep in because im still getting over the monster of all virus' (ok maybe not considering hiv is a virus, but still i had a runny nose and everything :D ) and wanted to sleep.

JillM see you saturday and im not telling you who i am so you cant take a pic for hecate :P

...and im not telling you who i am so you cant take a pic for hecate :P

LOL She'll spot you a mile off :lol: .

Look forward to hearing about how you get on, and what you decide to go for :) .

yeah your right, im going to stand out like a sore thumb!

if i get up early enough i will even try out some of this fantastic tea jill serves!

do i didnt make it in today and im still in my pyjamas at 20 past 2 but hey, its saturday and i drank too much red wine last night..

so see you tuesday hopefully jill.

right, im coming to see you tomorrow after work mrs jill. please be gentle with me..

right, im coming to see you tomorrow after work mrs jill. please be gentle with me..

Well - after being stood up for a hangover already I will have to consider it....:)

Don't forget the WD40 for the door, it sticks. Don't tell Jill I told you, I want to keep on her good side, she has connections in the yarn trade you know. :suspect:

Well, did you go? Were you sorted? What are you crafting? :confused: