Claims that a police officer hit a female in Sheffield, caught on CCTV..?

What do you think of the incident?  

503 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the incident?

• I support the police officer
    • I don't support the police officer

a) It is not an offence to be under the influence of drugs.

b) She wasn't charged with assault because the Officer didn't make a complaint of such - as are the guidelines under the National Crime Recording Standards.

c) Please read my post on this thread (numbered 199 on page 10) - you may learn some FACTS, rather than spouting this unsubstantiated nonsence

a) so if your driving , looking after children, touching policemens gonads under the influence of drugs its not an offence.

b) so if you was kicked, punched, spat on, touched up, you would'nt press charges.

c) damn i missed your post 199. whats the point of us all joining in this discussion when you have all the FACTS. should have been in court wednesday mate saved us all this bother.

d) there is'nt a d cos a b and c were brilliant.

A couple of points.

1. I have never been in the force.

2. I always use the scenic route ;)

1. Sorry, I thought I'd understood from some of your posts that you were/had been a copper. Probably confusing you with someone else.

2. I've checked my OS Landranger map and the scenic route goes round Arbourthorne and Manor, not through them ;)

After seeing both the local and national news last night, it seems that the media are quick to condemn the said PC and are very much on the side of the girl. I would hate to be in the shoes of this PC cos he stands no chance of a fair hearing with all this crap doing the rounds.

owdlad

i think you confused people in an earlier post, you said a person that you had arrested claimed to be epliectic,

Hang on, what's not excusable is being so obnoxious that you get chucked out of a club, smashing all the windows in somebodies car, ignoring your mate who's trying to calm you down, then resisting arrest, then smacking a Police officer in the face, then trying to run away.

Frankly, at that point I personally couldn't care less what treatment they get.

Epileptic fit? Yea right! Excuse me if I appear sceptical.

so in your opinion it's ok for the police to be judge and jury now? i sooooo hope you don't get done speeding when a copper's had a bad day...mind you, they'll be in their rights to do whatever the hell the like, won't they?

Would you like to explain to us all - as it seems you are a fountian of all knowledge in this field - just HOW in these circumstances, the Officers are going to embellish their evidence?

They provided written evidence after the incident, which was submitted to and will still be held by, both the Prosecution and the accused's Defence team. This evidence was then presented, under oath, in a Court of law - evidence which was then accepted by the accused and her Defence team in the form of a 'guilty' plea by her at Court.

Come on then, explain yourself. Just how are they going to embellish their evidence?

As I have said, very early on in this thread, the IPCC shall be proverbially "licking their lips" at the prospect of such an investigation. I also added that a SYP spokesperson was quoted as stating last night, before all this furore blew up, that the organisation "was satisfied with the way the incident was handled and happy with the conduct of the Officer". I can assure you that it is highly unusual that such comments are made PRIOR to the inevitably thorough investigation by the IPCC.

just read it. and now wish i had read it before i posted my reply. then i would'nt have replied to you at all. as you are clearly deluded.

To me it did look like she took a good beating, if this was enyone els but a coppa he would be in court so ge ' ore wi ya sen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if 5 guys did that to a girl or even a bloke they would be up for assault.

You quite obviously never seen someone get a good beating then!!

This makes me sick to the core!

By her own admission, Ms Comer states that she has no recollection of the events on the night in question, yet when asked on Look North last night if she thought the incident was racially motivated she replied "Yes, I think it was"

How the **** can she come to that conclusion?:rant:

Its no wonder that we have racial tension in this country with ridiculous accusations like this. How can a member of a minority group expect to be treated with respect by the rest of the populous when they clearly use the "race" card the first chance they get.

Its for this reason that some Police Officers have been quoted as saying that they fear, yes fear, dealing with ethnic minority individuals as there is always a chance that the race issue will be mentioned and that could potentially ruin their career.

In this case, the officer has been taken of front line duty for his own safety, all because of an accusation made by some ****ed up scumbag.

And I dont even want to get started on Ruggie whatever he's called, the "Racial Equality" champion, who last night stated in interview that the "attack" was clearly racially motivated. He determined this from a 30 second video without sound and then started banging on about slavery!!

No wonder this country is in the state its in:rant:

Very well put! :thumbsup:

owdlad

i think you confused people in an earlier post, you said a person that you had arrested claimed to be epliectic,

Ahh now I see what you mean. Perhaps I should have used the word detained rather than arrested.

Either way, the thieving cow that was held, used her supposed illness as an excuse for nicking stuff........

according to the poll, it's still more or less a 75/25% split, in favour of the police officer. (151 "pro", to 50 "anti").

Hi everyone

I've been trying to keep up with this story. Can I just get the facts, as I understand, them straight -

- Woman was drunk in night club

- Woman was epileptic.

- Woman is violent and loses memory when having a fit -think this was confirmed by her Dad - how would a copper know this at the time?!

- Woman was damaging public property, a car?

- We've only seen a small part of a video

- We can see a copper hitting part of the woman, but not where, just that it was about five times.

- The SY police have issued a statement supporting the copper

- The copper himself says that he hit the woman in the arm because she had grabbed his testicles

- Medical report indicates that the woman needed no treatment at the station as the injuries were minor - think that came from the police report as well.

Is that all about right? And yet people are supporting the woman based on the facts above? I'm sorry, but that is ridiculous, surely before people jump to one judgment either way we should let the 'establishment' issue a report? Once that is out we'll know what happened.

Please correct me where I'm wrong, there are 35+ pages of post and its late so I've got to admit I've not read ALL of it!

Just thought I'd revive this post, because:

1) it sorta hits the nail on the head

2) quite a few people posting since do seem to had missed the facts

:)

Police have a hard enough job to do, they don't always make the correct decisions but in this case what were they meant to do with a drunken violent women?

The options were;

Sit on her until she calms down

Spray her with pepper spray to disable her

Give her a couple of whacks and get the cuffs on

She should be banged up for wasting police time, i don't even know how she's got the nerve to question the police's tactics. If she'd have been damaging my car i'd have whacked her myself.

I'm surprised the race card hasn't been palyed yet, its only a matter of time though.