Claims that a police officer hit a female in Sheffield, caught on CCTV..?

What do you think of the incident?  

503 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the incident?

• I support the police officer
    • I don't support the police officer

See the PC crowd have jumped to conclusion already :rolleyes:

To summarise: a person (Later convicted of the crime she is accused of at the time of the video) resists arrest and the police have to use force to handcuff her.

No story here, oh until we bring the race card into play that is. Now it's in the Guardian and on the BBC with "race relations" types stirring it up as well.

Sorry but this is a storm in a PC teacup.

no the pc/guardian readers are the ones saying its ok to behave like this....man-women-black-white-on druggs-drunk. 5 full on punches to the head when there are 5 full grown men trained in arm locks and handcuffing manuevers is DISGUSTING !!!!! the police officer throwing the punches is not the type of person i would like to be splitting a fight up if my daughter was involved. i cant belive people are backing this police officer in such an obviouse display of a god-like power frenzy.

Hi everyone

I've been trying to keep up with this story. Can I just get the facts, as I understand, them straight -

- Woman was drunk in night club

- Woman was epileptic.

- Woman is violent and loses memory when having a fit -think this was confirmed by her Dad - how would a copper know this at the time?!

- Woman was damaging public property, a car?

- We've only seen a small part of a video

- We can see a copper hitting part of the woman, but not where, just that it was about five times.

- The SY police have issued a statement supporting the copper

- The copper himself says that he hit the woman in the arm because she had grabbed his testicles

- Medical report indicates that the woman needed no treatment at the station as the injuries were minor - think that came from the police report as well.

Is that all about right? And yet people are supporting the woman based on the facts above? I'm sorry, but that is ridiculous, surely before people jump to one judgement either way we should let the 'establishment' issue a report? Once that is out we'll know what happened.

Please correct me where I'm wrong, there are 35+ pages of post and its late so I've got to admit I've not read ALL of it!

I'm waiting for the full facts before I start cheering-on the police officer ... as I ultimately will do.

Moral:

Don't smash up property. Don't refuse to comply with police instructions if you do. Black, white, male, female, young, old, the law is the same for us all.

..there's a fuller version of the CCTV video on the Monitoring Group North website: w w w. tmgn.co.uk/info2.html

While i agree the police had to use force to restrain her, hitting her 5 times using as he put it ' as hard as he physically could' was abit extreme. It's not like she was an 18 stone rugby player surrounded by her entire team. Besides he had 5 officers by his side including a police dog. Why the need to hit her in such a way?

Then again you can argue his brute force put an end to her resistance very quickly

adyfife, so it's ok to bound around as you like, breaking the law at your leisure !! I'm pretty sure if it was your car you worked hard to buy and some drunk was trashing it for no reason you would take a different angle on it. The lass is so clearly after ££££££££££££££££££££££££

Dear dear, circular discussion. My meaning was that who's to say that she was acting in a sane and reasonable manner simply because she didn't appear to stink of booze.

And where did they go for those unbiased opinions on the local news just then - Sadacca??

Sorry, as Henrietta doesn't seem to want to say, does anyone else know of a credible source as to where the interviews were done?

If there was any agreement on anything here, I thought at least most of us thought the race thing was a red herring.

What I can't believe is how many police turned up, dog handler and everything all for one drunken female.

Must have been a quiet night!

Looks to me as though the girl is just trying to get her 5 minutes of fame. I don't envy the police having to deal with drunken idoits like her on a Friday night.

if it was a black cop bashing a white person would it be racially motifited? NO so why is a white officer bashing a black gal racist,

its bull*****! how come whites are never being racist towards, i think ppl abuse the racist card and use it willy nilly,

i aint condoning what the officer did but end of day you assault or threaten sumone then expect it back, too many ppl wanna be clever and then run to `police or authority when they get cummuppence. if you dont like it done to you then dont do to others.

too many ppl take p*** with police thinking they are protected as the officers cant retaliate. it states she was causing criminal damge and that she was assaulting the officer, end off, i too dont like police but i'm eye for eye tooth for tooth.

i hope this is thrown out. thanks

Sorry, I'm still confused.. Or is it just you thought it might be?

Dear me, do keep up Aurora! ;) If you read back a few posts to where you initially commented, I originally said

Where did they get those unbiased (range of) opinions.. Sadacca?
or thereabouts. Post 684, i believe, to save your looking.