Claims that a police officer hit a female in Sheffield, caught on CCTV..?

What do you think of the incident?  

503 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the incident?

• I support the police officer
    • I don't support the police officer

Yes, about two miles :o

Did you get kicked out the force for fiddling your mileage claims :hihi:

It's about half a mile from Errington Crescent to Wulfric Road.

sorry didnt realise i was shouting. but to me it did look like she took a good beating, if this was enyone els but a coppa he would be in court so ge ' ore wi ya sen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if 5 guys did that to a girl or even a bloke they would be up for assault.

I don't want to labour the point here but these weren't '5 guys' doing anything to a girl .. they were trained and authorised police officers, doing their job of 'protecting and serving' the public. They were arrresting a wrongdoer.

We can't tell from the footage we've seen exactly what was going on. We've had various explanations, the officer even said in court that he had to use the full force of his arm to break her grip. Do you think that if he'd thought he'd be able to do it with less force, he wouldn't have? He hit her once (on the upper arm we're told) that didn't suffice, so he hit her arm four more times very quickly and then she was lifted up and carried/dragged over to the waiting vehicle. She'd previously thrown them both down a flight of stairs and bitten the officer! She was hardly meekly putting her hands up and coming quietly, you have to admit that?

Maybe she was having an epilyptic seizure, which can lead to violent behaviour. We just don't know at the moment so we'll have to wait and see what the enquiry brings forth. Although for someone with that tendency that particular club would seem to be a poor choice of venue.

We can't tell from the footage we've seen exactly what was going on.

... we'll have to wait and see what the enquiry brings forth.

Does anything more need to be said for now?

so now your saying she was drugged up. jesus.

why was'nt she charged with being under the influence of drugs.

and WHY WAS'NT SHE CHARGED WITH ASSAULT.

she was charged and pleaded guilty to criminal damage. 250 quids worth thats it end of.

thats it i've had more than my 2 penneth. lets carry this on when the police have got their story straight sorryafter the "internal" investigation.

a) It is not an offence to be under the influence of drugs.

b) She wasn't charged with assault because the Officer didn't make a complaint of such - as are the guidelines under the National Crime Recording Standards.

c) Please read my post on this thread (numbered 199 on page 10) - you may learn some FACTS, rather than spouting this unsubstantiated nonsence

To be honest, if she tried squeezing my balls she would have got more than 5 on the arm. But im not a copper.

This makes me sick to the core!

By her own admission, Ms Comer states that she has no recollection of the events on the night in question, yet when asked on Look North last night if she thought the incident was racially motivated she replied "Yes, I think it was"

How the **** can she come to that conclusion?:rant:

Its no wonder that we have racial tension in this country with ridiculous accusations like this. How can a member of a minority group expect to be treated with respect by the rest of the populous when they clearly use the "race" card the first chance they get.

Its for this reason that some Police Officers have been quoted as saying that they fear, yes fear, dealing with ethnic minority individuals as there is always a chance that the race issue will be mentioned and that could potentially ruin their career.

In this case, the officer has been taken of front line duty for his own safety, all because of an accusation made by some ****ed up scumbag.

And I dont even want to get started on Ruggie whatever he's called, the "Racial Equality" champion, who last night stated in interview that the "attack" was clearly racially motivated. He determined this from a 30 second video without sound and then started banging on about slavery!!

No wonder this country is in the state its in:rant:

Quick reminder of the ground rules for this thread....

No abuse, no bickering.

Please do not post gossip or personal details about the individuals involved.

The issue is the case in hand, not teh rpevious life of any of the participants.

Thanks for your help with this.

THERE'S ALWAYS ONE!:rant:

If she had been acting in a proper manner she would not have committed an offence, not been arrested and therefore not been the topic of discussion in the media.

In another 7 days we will be discussing another bleeding heart.

With hindsight she should be a good mother and stay at home and look after her 2 year old.(Now run along home young lady)

Did you get kicked out the force for fiddling your mileage claims :hihi:

It's about half a mile from Errington Crescent to Wulfric Road.

A couple of points.

1. I have never been in the force.

2. I always use the scenic route ;)

A couple of points. 1. I have never been in the force.

2. I always use the scenic route ;)

A taxi driver, then? :hihi:

Theres a police association spokesman on Radio Sheffield right now, amongst other things he said :-

1) The five punch to the arm technique is exactly how officers are trained to persuade people to relax their arm so they can be handcuffed

2) The other officers present were happy that the situation was being dealt with correctly otherwise the dog handler would have released the dog or other officers would have used pepper spray or batons to bring the sitution under control.

3) The officer has the full backing of his association and his superiors in the force.