Parking on pavements MEGATHREAD

"Rather than just parking on the pavement should we allow cars to actually drive on the pavement at peak times to reduce traffic?"

Don't give them ideas, Basil.

Agreed a road is for cars a pavement for pedestrians end of.

Perhaps it is time for the council's parking attendants to be given the power to ticket drivers parking on the pavement. And why not give bus drivers the power to ticket vehicles parked in designated bus stops ? - I'm sure this would add significantly to their job satisfaction :)

The police don't seem inclined to do anythig about it and anyway they have far more serious matters to attend to.

If we do have a number of PO's who read the SF, can you please do something about the cars & black cabs that park on the pavement near the top of SHARROW LANE, no they are not necessarily commuters cars, as they are parked there at night, they probably belong to whoever lives there & what's more annoying is they allow their hedges to grow out onto the pavement, I nearly had my eye ripped out the other day trying to negotiate my way passed.

It was interesting to see that someone had cut down some branches & placed them on top of a car which was parked on one 'offenders' drive, then to see the debris scattered all over the pavement for people to trip over.

GRRRRR!!!!

Perhaps the blindingly obvious solution might be to allow domestic pets to ticket vehicles illegally parked on the pavement. Most of us are out at work all day, whereas the average domestic cat will spend many hours wandering the suburban streets and gardens and, as an observant animal, is likely to spot illegally parked vehicles almost immediately. Okay, they may need some training with ticket issuing, but I’m sure that wouldn’t be much of a problem.

Just imagine if Sheffield were to become the first city to appoint a crack squad of feline parking attendants! Wouldn’t that make you proud of our city?

Perhaps the blindingly obvious solution might be to allow domestic pets to ticket vehicles illegally parked on the pavement. Most of us are out at work all day, whereas the average domestic cat will spend many hours wandering the suburban streets and gardens and, as an observant animal, is likely to spot illegally parked vehicles almost immediately. Okay, they may need some training with ticket issuing, but I’m sure that wouldn’t be much of a problem.

Just imagine if Sheffield were to become the first city to appoint a crack squad of feline parking attendants! Wouldn’t that make you proud of our city?

Naaah!! We'd see squashed moggies all over the place. :|

Please be very careful with advocating criminal damage on Sheffield Forum- we do have a number of police officers who read the forum you know.

Surely then its an offence to park on the pavement, if so why arent these "police officers" doing something about it, oh i forgot its only some daft woman with a pram :rant::rant:

i always park on the pavement its much easier to get tools into a house the closer you can get . :)

also there is never any room to park on the road anymore every house has 3 cars now a days .

So how would you feel if some person had to take a pram/wheelchair on the road to accomodate you, and got knocked over by the other selfish ignorant motorist :mad:

Would you also be amused by some mum and her pram being wiped out by a passing car whilst walking on the road because there's no d*mn room on the pavement? If my child's pram scrapes down a car while I'm trying to squeeze past, it's no-one's fault but the person's who parked the car illegally in the first place.

Totally agree with that, but i dont think we would get any positive response if reading some of the posts on here is anything to go by, another sign of the selfish ignorant society we are living in today, where a persons life means nothing

Maybe they should produce thinner prams?

Or only let mothers out with them if their hips are no wider than the pram they're pushing?

or makes them use their chubby little pins? A week after i plopped out i were walking to work. Fact.