Parking on pavements MEGATHREAD

I fear I may, on occasion, have accidentally grazed a vehicle that was in the way. Shame

It's a real shame isn't it !!!

I used to print off little leaflets and stick them on cars sayin please watch where you park etc, noone ever took notice of them.

They do when they find a scratch down there car or no wingmirror

i hate cars that park right at the end of the road so you cant cross. i always find a kick to the wing or door makes me feel a lot better..

I live in Burncross and it's the same here. The weekends are especially bad. I always thought it was an offence to block a pavement and it definitely is to block a dropped curb. No one is ever going to police it though, almost every household on my street would be served with a fine if it was.

I used to print off little leaflets and stick them on cars sayin please watch where you park etc, noone ever took notice of them.

They do when they find a scratch down there car or no wingmirror

Best hope that no motorist ever catches you doing it, or you might have a few grazes yourself. Not to mention criminal damage charges.

i hate cars that park right at the end of the road so you cant cross. i always find a kick to the wing or door makes me feel a lot better..

Do you teach children that two wrongs make a right as well?

As a pram user it drives me nuts! You also get huge cars parking over the pavement in the parking bays at Tescos on Berkeley Square and then prams and wheelchair users can't fit on the pavement so have to walk in the carpark/road. Whenever I've see someone do it, I stop them and ask them to move. To be fair on the couple of occasions I have, they've done so quite politely (and a little shamefaced). If motorists can't see us pedestrians, maybe we need to make ourselves more visible? I couldn't bring myself to damage someone's car, however angry I might be. How can I complain about their bad or thoughtless behaviour if I behave badly myself?

Please be very careful with advocating criminal damage on Sheffield Forum- we do have a number of police officers who read the forum you know.

I once had to push my daughter in her pram along the road on a match day because of cars parked all along the pavement. I asked a copper woman on horseback if and when something was going to be done about all this illegal parking. She asked me which cars were causing a problem? I told her that all of them were, as they were all illegaly parked. She said that nothing can be done as they (the police) only carry five parking tickets and it wouldn't be fair to ticket five and let the rest off:loopy:

i always park on the pavement its much easier to get tools into a house the closer you can get . :)

also there is never any room to park on the road anymore every house has 3 cars now a days .

Please be very careful with advocating criminal damage on Sheffield Forum- we do have a number of police officers who read the forum you know.

I.e. Do not confess. I for instance have many a time said 'no comment' to car wingmirrors. :hihi: