Parking on pavements MEGATHREAD

I agree with the first part, not sure about the second, London is certainly flatter so corners maybe tighter in Sheffield but ive also been down some very narrow streets in London. Those streets seem to have parking on just one side, whereas Sheffield would have pavement parking on both sides.

Oh there are narrow streets, but not in residential areas I would say. Well i'm not a london Cabbie but for what I have seen, the streets are wider.

Well I not a london Cabbie but for what I have seen, the streets are wider.

Maybe they just seem wider because they only allow parking on one side :)

I agree with the first part, not sure about the second, London is certainly flatter so corners maybe tighter in Sheffield but ive also been down some very narrow streets in London. Those streets seem to have parking on just one side, whereas Sheffield would have pavement parking on both sides.

---------- Post added 20-04-2016 at 13:02 ----------

There are usually a variety of house types / locations within a certain price bracket.

If you want 2 cars maybe a terraced street isn't the answer?

Lots of people in terraced houses only have 1 car.

Maybe they just seem wider because they only allow parking on one side :)

Haha, it could be and that is a good idea for Sheffield. At least there would always be one side that is free for people to walk/use pushchairs or wheelchairs. But it would double the parking problem overnight however SCC does hate the car so Im sure they are thinking about it anyway :)

Lots of people in terraced houses only have 1 car.

They do yes but lots don't.

---------- Post added 20-04-2016 at 13:23 ----------

double the parking problem

Think of all the fines ha.

People parking on pavements could fund everyone's council tax reduction. Happy days.

Typical tory voters on Sheffield forum always revert back to money.

This is you could argue about the environment.

Buy a house with a flipping garage then put your car inside the garage (I have a double garage with an electric door that opens automatically)

This is you could argue about the environment.

Buy a house with a flipping garage then put your car inside the garage (I have a double garage with an electric door that opens automatically)

Are you Hyacinth Bucket's sister and also have a large house, Mercedes, sauna, jacuzzi, swimming pool and room for a pony?

:huh:

It was you who brought money into it in the first place!

Cars crushed and car owners made to pay for cost of crushing their own cars (+) a £1500 premium

So £300 crushing costs (+) £1500 premium (=) thought provoking

Hello all fellow pedestrians.

Since when was it ok to park on the pavement.

I walk to quite a few places pushing my granddaughter in her buggy and I find in numerous places that the path is blocked by a parked car.

The owners of said cars give me rather dirty looks if I am in their way if they are either coming on to the path or wanting to get off it. Since when did a car have the right of way on a path.

I have phoned the highway department to complain and have been told to ring 101. But i think the police have rather more important things to deal with.

No parking signs or road markings would be good.

Never, but once you own a car you can do what you like, and somehow its everyone else's fault there's inadequate parking.

Signs and road markings would be pointless, they'd just ignore them.

Hello all fellow pedestrians.

I walk to quite a few places pushing my granddaughter in her buggy and I find in numerous places that the path is blocked by a parked car.

The owners of said cars give me rather dirty looks if I am in their way if they are either coming on to the path or wanting to get off it. Since when did a car have the right of way on a path.

I have phoned the highway department to complain and have been told to ring 101. But i think the police have rather more important things to deal with.

I think a blind eye is used in places where a vehicle is parked partly on the pavement

If the footpath is completely blocked is a different matter.

The problem can be that emergency vehicles and large lorries will not be able to get through on narrower roads.

I agree but we're wasting our time. Road vehicles clearly have absolute priority even on pavements.

I live in hope that a pavement side wing mirror will fall off when I unavoidably come into contact with one in these circumstances.