Pothole vigilantism ?

be very careful where you spray the YELLOW paint, the gas people use it to highlight where the gas mains are for their maintenance crew, can imagine all the chaos caused by the gas board digging in the wrong places, mind you whats new!!

be very careful where you spray the YELLOW paint, the gas people use it to highlight where the gas mains are for their maintenance crew, can imagine all the chaos caused by the gas board digging in the wrong places, mind you whats new!!

YEDL came and dug some of the road up next to our house last autumn, took all the earth out and obviously couldn't find what they were looking for so started putting all the earth back in... then yesterday they turned up and started digging up exactly the same spot. It's a good distraction from all my uni work to watch the same men digging up the same spot, scratching their heads, and then refilling the hole!

be very careful where you spray the YELLOW paint, the gas people use it to highlight where the gas mains are for their maintenance crew,

... and who told you that?

They use blue round here!

Tell em you fell in the pothole and are thinking of claiming from them,

they be straight out

Use it sensibly though!

When StreetForce mark the holes on your road for repair (and miss half of them) there is usually a week or two gap before the tarmac gang come round.

Use that time to mark up the extra holes and see if they get filled in as well!

Or use the tar from your cigarettes!

I thought of this idea years ago lol, Just been wondering shiregreens paths have been re-tarmacced and I and probably everyone else around shiregreen are very very happy(At long last).

Sanctuary or whoever it is thats paid for this work to be done have spent money how much do you think it has cost them?

And tight council dont do anything except put silly tarmac cobbles everywhere

that look a mess. Whatever happened to that eu money for the roads or paths that was supposed to be given to sheffied.

I thought of this idea years ago lol, Just been wondering shiregreens paths have been re-tarmacced and I and probably everyone else around shiregreen are very very happy(At long last).

Sanctuary or whoever it is thats paid for this work to be done have spent money how much do you think it has cost them?

And tight council dont do anything except put silly tarmac cobbles everywhere

that look a mess. Whatever happened to that eu money for the roads or paths that was supposed to be given to sheffied.

The works funded by Sanctuary on Shiregreen cost about £10m.

By EU money, I assume you mean the highways PFI? This is being funded by the government and was due to start this April but has been delayed because the government are looking at making savings and have asked SCC how they think they can make savings. Not there was ever anywhere near enough cash in the pot to do a proper job anyway.:rolleyes:

Well the holes are a pretty serious danger, particularly to cyclists. In addition to making a point about something needing to be done, the Yellow Pimpernel can claim he's doing a service, as he's alerting cyclists to the holes, which is a lot more than Huddersfield or Sheffield council would do.

The (w)hole road I live on needs painting yellow!

The (w)hole road I live on needs painting yellow!

our road looks like a patch work quilt..stupid.why dont they just renew it they have been filling pot holes for days and the trafic has taken away the fresh cheap crap black stuff they have used ..............so it will need doing again in a few weeks:hihi::hihi::hihi::rant:

Use it sensibly though!

When StreetForce mark the holes on your road for repair (and miss half of them) there is usually a week or two gap before the tarmac gang come round.

Use that time to mark up the extra holes and see if they get filled in as well!

Love it! we definitely need to invest in some paint