Anyone been to Egypt??

Yes, thank you Kidorry, there have always been risks when travelling to this part of the world. As the report states the tourist were off track when they were abducted. Sad though it is, it is well documented to stay around your Hotel base because of this type of incident. Once again thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Xx

Someone got stabbed in Somerfield last week - does that mean we should all avoid shopping?

What a ridiculous response Kidorry - it's that sort of childish, ill-educated attitude that is in danger of ruining the holiday industry. :loopy::rant:

feline01 - I love Sharm, I must admit. I'm going back there again this winter, and I'll probably go back again next year as well.

I would recommend looking on the Sharm section on the trip advisor website, there is so much useful information on there. Or PM me with any questions about you may have about Sharm and I'll answer as best I can. Ignore fools like the chap above, he's just trying to be controversial.

Hi, Ive been to egypt now for the past 4 years, went to sharm 3 times and Hurghada once. The three corners hotel resorts are nice and have kids club so u will be laughing! The temperature i dont know exactly because i go late july but wii be very hot. visit http://www.tripadvisor.com and it lists all hotels in order of customer rating, tells you the temperature and lists all activities u can do. Na'ama bay is beautiful at night. I honestly couldnt reccoment egypt, and especially sharm to anyone enough!

hope that helps!

I went to Sharm in April it was lovely, very friendly. Wouldn't hesitate to go back, there are a few different places, old town and the modern parts. DONT go into any of the shops for a cup of tea though, you'll never get away.

Thank you so much for the recommendations, really need some advice regarding which hotels. I will definately look at the recommended web site. We have to do as much research as possible as our Son has special needs.

Thanks again.

Xx

We Stayed in the Sonesta in Sharm last year and it was lovley, plenty to do for kids too as they had a kids club. The one bit of advice I woudl give you is what ever hotel you end up in try to make sure you are in Sharm Bay itself and not just in the region. Sharks Bay for example is in Sharm the region but not in Sharm the resort if that makes sense. The reason I say that is when we chatted to other people on trips and such they all said they missed the opportunity to go out for a walk as the hotels are very wide spread and you are pretty much stuck there, in Sharm El Shike Bay you get about a mile of promonade to meander down with plenty of shops, bars and restaurants of all types.

Have you also considered staying some of the time in a hotel and the rest on a cruise boat that goes down the Nile? Depends on how much sight-seeing you are planning to do but the cruise is an excellent way to do it.

Im glad you told me that Lizg2008 as the offer that I have seen is at Shark's Bay. As it's an all-inclusive that I'm after I do like somewhere to be able to have a bit of a stroll just to get away from the hotel a bit. Obviousley not to go too far because of the safety issues. Thanks again.

Xx

Somebody I know had booked to go to Egypt, then their hotel was blown up.

Also - why is this in the SHEFFIELD discussion section?

Would love to do hotel and cruise combined spicey but our 9 year old has special needs and I don't think it would really be his thing. We always have to take his needs into account otherwise our holiday is no holiday if you see my point, that's why I need so much advice when we are trying somewhere new.

Thanks anyway.

X

If you just want to relax then the Sharks Bay Hilton is amazing just a way from everythign else.

To be honest I really would not worry about the saftey thing too much at all. I cant speak for the other wider spread resorts but in that region of Eygpt every single worker has to have a permit to be there as do the locals, (you even need your passport to leave the region and go into teh sinai desert) There is one main road that runs through Sharm Bay and the police were every where checking IDs all of the time day and night, you do get a little bit of hassel with people trying to sell you stuff but they go away if you say no and I never felt ill at ease once in the entire 2 weeks we stayed. Personally I would say it is no more dangerouse than going to America. Eygptians love the English although Gosh help you if you are Russian (of which there are loads) they cant stand them.