The Virgin Media Megathread- all broadband service discussions in here please

Some very good bundles out there. The VIP bundle is particularly impressive.

1 Hd Box

1 addl set top box

XL Tv, Movies, Sports on both boxes

Tel. Line with Tlk Unlimited, Talk Mobile and Talk International

10 Mb Broadband (DSL) with PC Gaurd.

£85.00 and an offer that never runs out.

As stated above Virgin.net was already owned by NTL. It was started as a joint venture between NTL and Virgin Group in '96. NTL acquired the rest of it a few years ago.

alright m8 i got it the other day and its spot on, first time ive had broadband aswell and ive had no problems whatso ever, they even knocked my first 2 moths bill off aswell, because i didn,t receive a welcome pack lol

Virgin/NTL was out in my postal code area Thursday moring 3am till 10am. Ever since that my connection has started to disconect. I have disable then re-enable the connection to get back on the net. This keeps happening every 6 hours or so for 10 secs untill lines reconnected.

My modems up/down stream LED's also keeps knocking off too, this has got me thinking it's hardware problems with the Modem.

The Last time this happend NTL flashed my modem to accept the 10mb speeds, they killed it by faulty firmware. The modem then rebooted over 2000 times in 24hrs untill NTL accepted there was a problem.

has anyone had this issue ?

________

herbalaire vaporizer review

Edited by Eric_Collins

as helpfull as PWNED!!!!!! ;):hihi:

is this anyuse?

what model modem have you got?

it's one of them NTL:250 modems. I think it's more than likley a line fault or connection from modem issue. I never turn the PC off unless i have too, this erroe only started after NTL went Dead totally due to sever issues at thair end. It may well just be glitches they still trying to sort.

________

Gong bongs

Edited by Eric_Collins

sorry i missed the bleedin obvious NTL bit.

dun-know about those ones, theyre pretty new arent they.

Is anyone else having problems since Virgin Media took control of Telewest?

I've formatted twice today and still have a speed problem,my connection is annoyingly slow,i'm supposed to be on 2 meg but it's behaving more like dialup.

Crap speeds come as standard with Virgin. Welcome to the club.

When it was Telewest i had no problems,now i feel like i'm back on dialup and paying £25.00 a month for it.

i pay for 4 meg from virgin,and every time i do a online speed test it comes back at 2.5 meg,so i am now trying to get a bt phone line because my mom has broadband from pipex and it seems faster than mine at half the price:loopy: