Very BIG rant about PC World.

well it sounded like you were intentionally(spll?) being nasty and no we hadnt heard any bad stories about PC World tbh - if we had then maybe my mum wouldnt have gone there!!!!

people can make mistakes!!!!

but still they should allow my mum to get a refund/exchange shouldnt they??

You would be better to get someone who knows a bit about them to look at it for you and perhaps reinstall the s/w first, just in case it's not a hardware problem. The other problem with PC world is the people who buy stuff from them are usually novices, not sure if that why Rich likes them so much but if you don't know anything about computers then it's easy to get confused and mess them up. It's also hard for your mum to expalin in computer terms what it's doing. That and PC world don't care. A friend has to take them to small claims a few years back to get a refund on something that never worked and that was certainly a hardware problem.

Yes, PCWorld is terrible (IMO).

Yes, if it is a hardware problem then they should take it back.

However, if it's a software issue then they probably don't have to do anything.

Sorry your mum had to find out about PCW (and the DSG company) the hard way. :(

It could be something as weird as the cooling fan not working properly or a faulty cable connection inside, but PC world should at least have a look at it for you.

Whatever, report me.

(p.s. well done for not mentioning an X-box in that post)

Idiot.

It's Xbox! :rant::loopy:

.... At least they care about customers.

No they don't.

They just care about the £ they'll recieve from the customer.

I'd play out various scenarios using Sim Computer Shop, only on the Playstation though I think.

My experience of how to get PC World to behave.

Pick their busiest time (Saturday Afternoon usually)

Take the offending item to their customer services desk, which is usually next to their parts desk.

Whilst queuing chat to the people in the queue for parts telling them all about eBuyer, Dabs.com, and Watford electronics, all the while stressing how much better and cheaper these on line companies are than PC World.

When fobbed off by the assistant, ask to speak to their superior - loudly but politely. By now you should be drawing attention to yourself and causing a queue.

If the numpty assistant asks if he can deal with the person behind you in the queue then ask them to finish dealing with your complaint first.

Sooner or later they will get to the point that they just want you out of the shop and will do anything to shut you up.

At all times be polite and courteous.

No they don't.

So how many years ago was it this one shop supposedly ripped you off? You really should let it go!

If it's faulty and they refuse to help or refund, I'm sure Trading Standards would be interested in hearing your tale. They might even help :)

No they don't.

And the big face-less PCWorld does care about people, does it? And it's not entirely driven by profits? :loopy:

I'm sure local services care a hell-of-a-lot more about customer satisfaction than the money they make from them. Without happy customers, little independents have no business... unlike PCWorld who'll get people through the door no matter what.

(i should know)

It could be something as weird as the cooling fan not working properly or a faulty cable connection inside, but PC world should at least have a look at it for you.

only if it's a hardware fault, if it's software then they are under no obligation to look at it, and if they do look at it and find it's software then they will proberly charge you for looking at it and fixing it.

well it sounded like you were intentionally(spll?) being nasty and no we hadnt heard any bad stories about PC World tbh - if we had then maybe my mum wouldnt have gone there!!!!

people can make mistakes!!!!

but still they should allow my mum to get a refund/exchange shouldnt they??

I worked for DSG for about 6 months about 6 years ago and it was the worst job I have ever had all I had to do was sit in the call centre and fob poor customers off with crappy company policy statements etc etc it was horrid and I always tell people to stay well away from PC world as in the group they where the ones we got the worst complaints about Curry's are not great but a damn site better than PC world and the staff in Comet are plain dim and and offensive. I bought my PC from Dell and couldnt be happier with it I advised my friends to do the same thing and avoid PC world like the plague but they didnt listen (thought the knew better) and ended up paying over the odds for a poor spec PC. Anyway to my point :) from working there I kinda remember the company policy which doesnt effect your statutory rights. If you return the item within 7 days and it is faulty you are entitled to a full refund of if you dont want the item it must be sealed and as sold. Within 28 days you are entitled to have a faulty item replaced but no refund will be issued after 7 days unless in extreme circumstances. The after 28 days the only think that will be offered is a repair or attempted repair over the phone no refund will be offered and only a replacement will be offered once every avenue to repair the item has been explored (this can take a while) DSG when I was there where very very strict with these rules so your mum will really have to push to get it resolved.

Good luck.