Very BIG rant about PC World.

I find your trolling offensive.

Whatever, report me.

(p.s. well done for not mentioning an X-box in that post)

Neek there is no need to be nasty about it is there?

tbh im not entirely sure what is up with it, but mum said that when they have been using it, the computer screen will just suddenly turn blue and now nothing works ( i dont think! ) but at the end of the day - PC World SHOULD let her either refund/exchange as there is a fault with the machine and the fact that she has only had it 3 months - its disgusting!!!!!

I was not being intentionally nasty and I hope you get it sorted but you must have heard the horror stories about PC world?. People should listen! They should also promote the local small shops, at least they care about customers. (excluding the one that allegedly ripped Rich off once 15 years ago!)

My advice would be use Ebuyer, its cheap, online and delivers to your house.

All I have seen from Ebuyer have been mis-picked deliveries and zero customer service for things that have not been right. Not at all impressive.

Two places I could recommend - http://www.overclockers.co.uk - always had good, swift service there. However it's a hobbiest's site so not sure how hot they would be on after-sales "support" type stuff if you needed it. Also mesh computers. Got my last computer there - well built and support have resolved all my issues.

well it sounded like you were intentionally(spll?) being nasty and no we hadnt heard any bad stories about PC World tbh - if we had then maybe my mum wouldnt have gone there!!!!

people can make mistakes!!!!

but still they should allow my mum to get a refund/exchange shouldnt they??

For the OP - she should be entitled to something as her product is essentially not fit for purpose if it is unusable.

Get in touch with head office directly.

I think that if you bought it 3 months ago and it has never worked and PC world have messed you about your well within your rights to make a formal complaint and get your money back. Take the PC back, demand to see the manager. Dont listen to staff telling you their problems. They are paid to listen to yours, especially if its with one of their products!dont accept any excuses, stick to your guns and demand a replacement or refund there and then and dont move til you get what you want. Dont even attempt to be nice about it. Good luck:thumbsup:

Has she attached anything to the PC other than what came with it, MP3 player, printer, scanner for example? Has she put any other software on it (such as Itunes, RealPlayer, MSN Messenger)? Did the PC come with virus software or a firewall? If it didn't has she been on the Internet with it?

If the answer to any of those questions is yes then there is every chance it isn't PC World's fault. Although they should still be able to repair it for a fee.

For the OP - she should be entitled to something as her product is essentially not fit for purpose if it is unusable.

Get in touch with head office directly.

It depends what is wrong with it. If it's a hardware problem, yes a refund does sound like it's in order. If it is a software / virus problem then a refund may not be in order.

If I crashed a car a week after buying it, it would not be fit for purpose but I couldn't take it back.

Neek there is no need to be nasty about it is there?

tbh im not entirely sure what is up with it, but mum said that when they have been using it, the computer screen will just suddenly turn blue and now nothing works ( i dont think! ) but at the end of the day - PC World SHOULD let her either refund/exchange as there is a fault with the machine and the fact that she has only had it 3 months - its disgusting!!!!!

I believe this is known as BSD (The Blue Screen of Death).

Most likely cause is some kind of virus, reinstalling the o/s will probably fix it, but it is a pain....

Most likely cause is some kind of virus, reinstalling the o/s will probably fix it, but it is a pain....

I would try installing/running AVG Anti-Virus and AVG Anti-spyware first, they are both free and very good.

Re-installing the OS, especially thesedays, is a last resort.

Without knowing exactly what has been done to the machine or put on it it's almost impossible to diagnose the problem remotely like this.

It depends what is wrong with it. If it's a hardware problem, yes a refund does sound like it's in order. If it is a software / virus problem then a refund may not be in order.

If I crashed a car a week after buying it, it would not be fit for purpose but I couldn't take it back.

Really it is more to do with whether it has become unusable because of what the customer has done to it, or if it was always unusable.

Most viruses these days do not crash your computer. They are more interested in taking over the computer to send out mass emails. If it's having blue screens then it's probably a hardware error or a corrupt low level device driver causing it, either of which should be fixable under a support contract.