Very BIG rant about PC World.

my mum bought a PC from PC World around 3 months ago, for the last 1-2 weeks things have been going wrong with it. Mum has been trying to phone them, but never been put directly through to the shop floor and so not being able to speak to anyone about this. so, they have had to trail the computer down to PC World to let them have a look at it, only to tell her that she needs to take it back home and ring a telephone number they gave her so she can fix it herself, she did this, has spent near enough 5 hours on the phone over the last few days, speaking to 4 differnet people who told her to do the same thing over and over again - which she has done! but suprise, suprise, it didnt fix it. SO, last night they took the PC back down to the shop (AGAIN!!) to ask for either a refund or an exchange as obviously the PC she has got is faulty. and guess what?? they will NOT give her a refund OR an exchange even though she only bought the bloody thing 3 months ago!!!!!!!!!! i thought you had a 12 month warrenty on electrical goods, wherever you buy them from? and in that 12 months if something goes wrong with it then you are able to get an exchange????????well obviously not!!!!!!

also, the man at the shop was even slagging off the company telling her that it was a s*it place to work and the way they treat their customers etc etc and that if it wasnt for the money going in his bank he would quit his job - well that just shows you what a fantastic place PC World is doesnt it, if even the staff think it stinks!!!!!

PC World have now got nearly £800 of my mums money and my mum has been left with a broken PC!!!!

B*STARDS!!!!!!!!!! :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

im telling you - dont EVER buy anything from there!!!!!

I am sorry but how many times have people said don't buy stuff from PC World? EVERYONE on here (apart from Rich who seems to love the place) say aviod it, if people don't listen then this is what happens! I hope you get it sorted but it's not like you werent warned!

I would still trust PC World over the small "Johnny come lately" backstreet computer shops any day of the week (or even on a Saturday), OK PC World is in many cases staffed by clueless numpties, but at least you know PC World aren't going to go bust next week cos they can't compete price wise with the shop next door for instance..

That and the fact that I've been majorly let down in the past by one of these small shops.

Your Mum's case is unfortunate, but it doesn't put me off PC World.

I think this political correctness has gone mad. Not only does brussells tell us what we can/can't say but NOW we have a whole shop dedicated to it!!! What ever next???

Yes PC world are a load of rubbish.

Could your Mum contact trading standards to ask their advice.

What make and Model PC is it? You may have manufacturers warranty that will support the problem far better than the staff and Muppet World can.

Have you scanned the whole machine for viruses?

Do you have a firewall installed?

There may be nothing wrong with the machine bar use that has allowed it to become infected with viruses.

Cribbed software can also cause problems

You may wish to check your Consumer Rights with the Citizen's Advice Bureau.

What, exactly, is wrong with PC? Does it not switch on?

I'm sorry you've learned the hard way that PC World truly suck - they sell overpriced rubbish to people who are unlucky enough not to know any better :mad:

On the up-side, I'm sure that you'll find a helpful SF forummer who will offer to have a look at your mum's PC and try and sort it out for you.. try posting a message in the Computer Chat section asking for some :help:

I would still trust PC World over the small "Johnny come lately" backstreet computer shops any day of the week (or even on a Saturday), OK PC World is in many cases staffed by clueless numpties, but at least you know PC World aren't going to go bust next week cos they can't compete price wise with the shop next door for instance..

That and the fact that I've been majorly let down in the past by one of these small shops.

Your Mum's case is unfortunate, but it doesn't put me off PC World.

Sorry Rich, can you just remind us HOW MANY YEARS AGO this was??

PC World is in many cases staffed by clueless numpties

like their customers then :)

like their customers then :)

I find your trolling offensive.

I am not a clueless numpty, I've done more computer courses than I care to remember, and have been using computers since the 48k Spectrum first came out in the early 80s! :rant: