Ultimate Fighter 5 To Be In England

Oh my god, the ultimate fighter phoned me for 19 minutes about they have heard my reputation in chicargo and on the net and wondered if i had any fighters ready for the ultimate fighter 5 series which will take place in england.

they asked about kent cooper and i said he does'nt train with me anymore but i gave them kent's number and said i will have fighters for the future and they will contact me for the other ultimate fighters series. Apparently kent is big in the states as ross pettiffer was with being so young and in the cage. wow.

I phoned kent and they'd phone him whilst i was talking to them. he thought it was some phone company at first and then he realised and he said his jaw dropped to the floor. I don't know what kent will do now, will he come back, who know's but he told them he was'nt ready. they said kent had great prospects only just 19 and in the cage. He can go far.

They also asked me if i was interested, a few years ago before my club i would have jumped at the chance but i have to run my business but maybe cavon could enter the ultimate fighter. I will give him a call as cavon won 6 cage warrior fights and lost his last which he was winning all the way through but unfortunatley has gassed out but did'nt get knocked out.

Wow Brian!, I watch UFC all the time and know how good the fighters are so you must be great too! Your Dojo must be fantastic if they rate your fighters as highly as Ross P he is one of my heros:love: do you know where trains? i would love to meet him. Well done let us know how you get on!

ross is back at castle black belt where he started. I 1st taught ross when he started there at the age of 13 and had to put him in the adults class because he was about 6'2 and learning very fast and it wasn't fair him throwing everyone about like rag dolls as the others were so small in comparison. I didn't teach ross everything as ross trained at different camps' boxing clubs and wicker camp and i wasn't with castle at the time.

Anybody read Barry McGuigan's column in the Daily Mirror?

He reckons a decent boxer wouldn't lower himself to rolling around the floor in a cage.

Unless he needed the money so badly! :blush:

It's not exactly 'the noble art' is it?

I've not read it but thats up to him and every other individual. Some people like just boxing and some thai boxers will just stick to thai boxing but as most of us are starting to thing mixed martial arts is the way forwards. I've had people from boxing clubs, thai boxing clubs and most types of fighting clubs you can imagine and been told their instructors didn't want them to train at other clubs or you don't train here anymore. Well i encourage fighters to get as much experience as you can because you will always learn something new or a different variation to what you know already. Everone to their own i say but it is more exciting to me learing a bit of everything than just one style. At first when you start a sport or an art your into it to the max and that's all you want to do. Most people i've trained have done a mixture usually starting from karate.

Anybody read Barry McGuigan's column in the Daily Mirror?

He reckons a decent boxer wouldn't lower himself to rolling around the floor in a cage.

Unless he needed the money so badly! :blush:

It's not exactly 'the noble art' is it?

i think he's right actually - why would they?

Brian can you PM me details?

I'll try and let Ross know

Nor would a mixed martial artist confine themselves to just standing up and using their hands, or a badminton player want to use big heavy rackets and a tennis ball - people learn the sport they're into.

TUF 5 has already been filmed, coaches being BJ Penn and Jens Pulver. Pretty sure it weren't filmed round here either

I don’t want to sound rude but are you sure you haven’t been punk'D???:suspect:

Kent big in the States????

Hasn't Kent only fought in Cagewarriors Showdown and lost most of his fights, if not all in the first round?

I could be wrong but he's not the most ground breaking fighter is he and I can think of many more who are more likely approached by the UFC.

Tuff 5 has started filming but isn't complete. It airs in the states in April and the finale has the main event of Pulver vs Penn who are the two coaches.