Services for parents and children and other groups

Hi, I am doing normal aqua at the moment (I am 16 weeks tomorrow). I had just started the classes before I found out I was pregnant again and I checked with the doctors and they said I could carry on for as long as I felt able.

I told the instructor too. She told me to make sure I was in water up to my bust, not to do any twisting exercises and not to let myself get too hot or out of breath.

I won't be able to go to aqua natal until I start maternity leave as the one at Concord is on a Monday lunch time.

As long as you tell your instructor, so that they can tell you what not to do, then aquarobics is safe right up until you're very close to full term.

My neighbour attended one of Chris Young's normal classes right up til she was 38 weeks- and Chris looked after her and made sure that she didn't do any of the stretches that were likely to cause problems. By the time she was approaching full term it was the only sort of exercise she could do comfortably anyway.

Chris is very well trained, and also takes the aquanatal classes (she's even trained to deal with the possible eventuality of someone going into labour during one of her classes).

Hi everyone my name is Anne and i run Rattle and Roll music classes for chldren aged 6 months - 4 years .The classes are full of singing,dancing,dressing up, pecussion playing,puppet time, parachute games and much more... The classes are 45 minutes and after the session is teddybears picnic time with a fruit snack,raisens and drinks included in price.

I have a waiting list for all classes at the moment but I am starting some new sessions that have spaces Thursday 11.00 and Friday 10.30 and i am also starting a waiting list for a Tuesday afternoon times to be confirmed i think it would be about 2.00 ish.

Next to the music room is a playroom with bouncy castle,wheely bugs and other toys and you can also make yourself a hot drink and toast.

classes are to be booked in 10 week terms if you join after the 10 week start you only pay for the remaining weeks.. and if you can't make your scheduled class you can arrange with me to come to a different session so you don't miss out.

I have 3 children aged 4,2 1/2 and 1 year all my girls have loved the classes especially my 1 year old.

Classes are based in the hunters bar area near psalter lane.

email me for more details or to book a free trial session. rattleandrollsheffield@yahoo.co.uk

Classes are £4.50 a week, 2 children £7.00

You don't mention prices, how much is the 10 week term?

Having met during our pregnancies, my friend and I immediately noticed a lack of resources for couples after their new arrivals. We pined for a snippet of our old lives in those first few weeks of parenthood - a romantic meal with our respective partners! Then came the light.

Under the company name, Then There Were 3, we have launched the New Parent's Supper Club, exclusively for parents of babies under six months.

We are inviting you to a romantic evening meal on various evenings at different restaurants across Sheffield, starting with San Lorenzo on Sharrowvale Road in March. For an introductory offer of £8, experienced Mothers will be on hand to comfort your baby as needed, while you enjoy your first meal since the birth - with a piece of cutlery in each hand!

Tickets in advance and queries to Then There Were 3, 07946 870 704 or thentherewere3@yahoo.co.uk. Full food and drinks menu is available. The restaurant is licensed but you can BYO!

Teekins, you are a gem. Too late for me now, though, as babybaby is pushing 9 months. I hope your venture works!

What a fabulous idea! Wish you had been around 22 months ago!

Ooh, and do you need experienced mums to come snuggle new babies at a restaurant??? I think I've just found my perfect job!!!!!!!!!!:love: :love:

Thanks Babychickens and Cosywolf for your support - it's still early days but we figured that if it's an event/service we'd be interested in then other people probably would too!

Will let you know if we need any help - thanks for your offer. In the meantime, how about making more babies so you CAN join us?!!

Hope to hear from other new Mums who'd like info/tickets!

GL note:

Welcome to the Antenatal Class Megathread! All your antenatal class questions and comments will (eventually) be merged into this one.

BC

Hey (again)

can anyone tell me where does Pregnancy Yoga? I live in S6 and as i dont drive id prefer if it was somewhere close.

I work in Town so if its straight after work then that shouldnt be too bad, jus dont want 2 travel far afterwards.

If not pregnancy yoga, has anyone done yoga whilst pregnant and what do they think of it?

Olivia Lester is apparently the pregnancy yoga guru. Never got round to it myself, but lots of my friends did ... and loved it!

i think she does it at the buddhist centre (?) in Walkley.

I can find out more if you like.

Further to my message... does anyone have any recommendations/suggestions/requests for restaurant venues for future New Parent's Supper Club?

All ideas gladly received!

I have done yoga in Walkley, Ebeneezer Church with Hannah on a Thursday, have a look here about three quarters down: http://www.yogauk.com/teachers/regions/Yorkshire.htm

Hannah Penn

BWY Qualified instructors. Beginner and Intermediate classes in Crookes and Walkley, Sheffield.

Pregnancy classes, daytime and evening

.Tel: 0114 2338340 Email: xsnoon@yahoo.co.uk