Where have all these quality nights popped up from???

Is it just me, have I had my head in the sand or something, but all of a sudden there seems to be a few quality smaller nights pop up across the city.

I'm talking more dance music wise here but, up until new year it seemed to be that the city's clubbing scene was totally top heavy, being run by Plug which, let's face it unless it's rammed is just a space with little atmosphere, and UG / Tuesday Club.

Now we have Club Pony / Natural Shy / Kabal / Wall of Balls / C90 / Technoir and probably more that seem to be bringing a little bit more back to the city. AT LAST! Just shows that the scene will thrive even if there are no obvious venues for these guys to do their thing. Massive respect, and let's hope this finally spells the end of a pretty barren period in an otherwise colourful history of Steel city clubbing!!!

too right mate :) and big love to the Balls boys yo, they've got it wrapped like a mummy! :thumbsup:

I couldn't agree more! I have found the bigger events / clubs that you mentioned have been getting really dull, maybe because there's been no competition.

Take Urban Gorilla next month. I just read the line up for the big event and the only act that isn't devoid of any inspiration is Rogue Element. Nick Fanciulli must've played Sheffield 10 million times in the last year and Zabiela, though technically very good, is musically boring at the best of times! This is, of course my own opinion and I'm guessing the reason they continue to return is because they sell out events so there's clearly people that do like what they do. Unfortunately, these types of event are hardly making for a cutting edge scene.

On the other hand, Pinch at C90 was sick, as was Soul Jazz at Wall of Balls and Natural Self at Natural Shy. Didn't get down to Kabal that night but, from what I hear it too was quality and the very fact that Freq Nasty is on at the end of the month is probably the best thing ever. I have been on national forums and there's people in Leeds / Manchester who are jealous of this event and looking to make the journey over. This is what we as a city / scene need, not cast offs and stuff you can see anywhere.

[wipes brow] Right, rant over!! Just want to say massive respect to the new breed of promoters coming through, hopefully you're gonna put our city back on the clubbing map!

cheers fellas. glad you enjoyed c90 and its nice to be identified as doing something refreshing in our beloved city.

we've been plugging away at this for a few years now though.:)

Yes Sheffield is on the up as far as the club scene goes you must all give Club Shhhh and Club Void on the Wicker a try Fantastic nights with fantastic people Its just a pity that the authorities Police and Council are not as surportive as the punters are oh for a liberal forward thinking council and police force because these guys really do wring the neck of any one trying somthing new

As much as I want to rejoice in the cities rejuvenation of quality DANCE nights, there is still a LACK of other quality music available. A step forward most definately for some but I think Sheffield has had step backwards on other formats of music that is only catered by the commercial crappy market.

Sorry to hear you are down on the music scene, fear not Shhhh and Void will be putting on Band nights as well as house nights once they get fully licensed in the summer

Cheers for the big up TommyB. Glad you liked it. Hope you can make it down for some more. We've got some well wicked stuff planned for the next few months.

Don't forget to check out Less of That! (more of this) new to the Forum every Saturday.

Unique heavy electro beats from Your Mum/My Mum and co, plus its free!

Also along some similar electro lines Kicking Against the Pricks every last Thursday of the month at the Halcyon which is also free!

Good call on original thread.....

Speaking of quality nights, have a look at this:

Easter Sunday

April 8th

Corporation

10:30 - 04:00

£6.00

Dirty Cheese room:

DMX Krew (Breakin' Records)

Richard H Kirk

Ralph Razor (Razor Stiletto)

Rich C90 (C90)